Flyovers and Underpasses ???

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/flyover-and-underpass-among-tt-access-options/
Can’t actually believe what is being suggested in certain quarters as a way of tackling a minor problem a few weeks per year.

If for some insane reason either was given the go ahead, will the TT not be a thing of the past by the time anything was built ?
I remember the years before we even had the access road and there was no big problem. The access road has made life so easy for those needing it, but at the end of the day, it is a bike time trial and that’s it. If a major disaster occurred, just stop the bikes and allow emergency vehicles to go where they have to.

Edited by Scotty
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just for clarity: 4 x 0 = 0

Yes DOI have done a structual report on the new flyover and here are the pictures to prove it.

Think you’ve all missed the point. The DOI have long had the ambition to create a connected up Douglas by pass or ring road. They daren’t actually call it that. This would be the final link, ironing o

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/flyover-and-underpass-among-tt-access-options/
Can’t actually believe what is being suggested in certain quarters as a way of tackling a minor problem a few weeks per year.

If for some insane reason either was given the go ahead, will the TT not be a thing of the past by the time anything was built ?
I remember the years before we even had the access road and there was no big problem. The access road has made life so easy for those needing it, but at the end of the day, it is a bike time trial and that’s it. If a major disaster occurred, just stop the bikes and allow emergency vehicles to go where they have to.

Don't ever post that bit on Facebook...there'll be riots..

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Scotty said:

I remember the years before we even had the access road and there was no big problem

Probably not the same amount of traffic then, and not the new housing developments that have been built

• Like 1

Out of 3760hrs in a year, about 40hrs is taken up by road closures for motor sports.

So in the ultimate wisdom of the comin collective, a flyover.

With the way DOI work,

The work will shut the roads longer than a dozen TT and festivals of motorcycling.

• Thanks 1

If a flyover gets built, you can bet your bottom dollar that this piece of engineering will break the record for the most over budget and time taken to construct. If it’s an underpants, I would say that knowing the DOI and the islands dearth of quality workmanship, I would suggest that drivers pack their swimming trunks and goggles. I’ve come to the conclusion that Timba is not a patch on Harmer - and he was damaged goods, and a joke, but I’m convinced that Timba fancies himself as a stand up comic!

12 minutes ago, 2112 said:

If a flyover gets built, you can bet your bottom dollar that this piece of engineering will break the record for the most over budget and time taken to construct. If it’s an underpants, I would say that knowing the DOI and the islands dearth of quality workmanship, I would suggest that drivers pack their swimming trunks and goggles. I’ve come to the conclusion that Timba is not a patch on Harmer - and he was damaged goods, and a joke, but I’m convinced that Timba fancies himself as a stand up comic!

If it really is 'an underpants' it'll definitely be an enormous cock-up........

• Haha 2
4 minutes ago, tetchtyke said:

Widen the access road, widen underneath Braddan Bridge (or even just stick lights in) and Bob's your mum's sister's live in lover.

An overpass from Saddle Road to Braddan Cemetery?  Dear me.

I have never understood why they've not installed traffic lights at that bridge, what problems do the DoI perceive? How hard can it be? Is it coordinating or syncing them up with the lights at the school end?

And the idea of an overpass? Are they potty?

Actually, don't answer that. 

• Like 1