Spam messages. Please stop reporting messages from Orange 15, Ivsa and Pupyh. They’ve been banned. ×

Flyovers and Underpasses ???

If someone moves to the IoM, they should realise that during the TT and MGP traffic will be heavy (but still not as bad as the M25 in rush-hour or Bristol at any time of day).

If you buy a house inside the course, you know what the deal is. It's the same deal as for the many people who live in houses alongside the course - or for people trying to get to Kirk Michael from the north.

• Like 3
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just for clarity: 4 x 0 = 0

Yes DOI have done a structual report on the new flyover and here are the pictures to prove it.

Think you’ve all missed the point. The DOI have long had the ambition to create a connected up Douglas by pass or ring road. They daren’t actually call it that. This would be the final link, ironing o

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

I may be over simplifying things but the issue with the access road is the width of the bridge and maybe a little bit of the road in places. So.... why not widen both bridge and the road? I guess that's not grand enough for the DoI.

As well as that it's also the narrow winding road up through the estate, which may or may not be a private road, regardless whether it is or it isn't it isn't ideal as an alternative access route. I'm not saying a flyover is a solution because I don't believe it is but I'm sure there has to much less expensive, easier and quicker to build as well as suit its purpose and for a long time, if ot is to be a flyover then it'll require quite a lot of compulsory purchasing.

5 hours ago, quilp said:

I have never understood why they've not installed traffic lights at that bridge, what problems do the DoI perceive? How hard can it be? Is it coordinating or syncing them up with the lights at the school end?

And the idea of an overpass? Are they potty?

Actually, don't answer that. 

Yes, they are potty.

The DOI are potty, it’s upper eschelons of management and above all else are certainly, could be described as somewhat lost the plot. 
I would love to know how far ahead are these clowns, any actual plans drawn up? Forestry assessments? Environmental impact assessments? 
Doesn’t fit very well with the islands beloved UNESCO Biosphere BubblE Status - chopping down trees etc. If this is the best ideas that the DOI can come with, which is clearly as a result of a management ‘brainstorming’ exercise, then God help this island, when it’s really affected by a financial squeeze. I would also say that it shows HRH The Chief Minister certainly has no control both over his Minister or Departments.

• Thanks 1

Think you’ve all missed the point. The DOI have long had the ambition to create a connected up Douglas by pass or ring road. They daren’t actually call it that. This would be the final link, ironing out the kink from Braddan Church, through Braddan Bends, Jubilee Oak, past Braddan School to Ballafletcher Road.

Dressing it up as improving the TT Access Road is just sleight of hand. All the alternatives will slowly disappear until a flyover/relief road from Vicarage Road, at Meadow Crescent roundabout, to the Braddan Road/Ballafletcher Road roundabout is the only option.

Its not a new ambition. It was floated when the hospital was built. It’s why the Road from Fort North, along Cooil Road, to Isle of Man Business Park and Vicarage Road, has been over engineered, with mega roundabouts. It was always the plan.

There won’t be a problem with land acquisition, there’ll be a development trade off for housing on Kirby Farm. And it’ll be sold as part of the national post Covid reconstruction/redevelopment infrastructure project.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Christ ever more bizarre ways to splash loads of other peoples money, there are things here on the front line which need funding first !

It amazes me how they even have the brass neck to suggest schemes, when the prom has been the unmitigated disaster it has from start to finish, whenever that may be ?

We need an election to get these utter buffoons out of office and get someone in who has fiscal responsibility !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, John Wright said:

Think you’ve all missed the point. The DOI have long had the ambition to create a connected up Douglas by pass or ring road. They daren’t actually call it that. This would be the final link, ironing out the kink from Braddan Church, through Braddan Bends, Jubilee Oak, past Braddan School to Ballafletcher Road.

Dressing it up as improving the TT Access Road is just sleight of hand. All the alternatives will slowly disappear until a flyover/relief road from Vicarage Road, at Meadow Crescent roundabout, to the Braddan Road/Ballafletcher Road roundabout is the only option.

Its not a new ambition. It was floated when the hospital was built. It’s why the Road from Fort North, along Cooil Road, to Isle of Man Business Park and Vicarage Road, has been over engineered, with mega roundabouts. It was always the plan.

There won’t be a problem with land acquisition, there’ll be a development trade off for housing on Kirby Farm. And it’ll be sold as part of the national post Covid reconstruction/redevelopment infrastructure project.

Bypassing Douglas you say, so it's not all bad then.

• Haha 3
21 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

Maybe it would make sense to wait until they develop the new police and fire HQ on Glencrutchery, and do something onto Greenfield? 

You keep your neb out. Part time comeover. Pfft

• Like 1
  • Haha 1