Flyovers and Underpasses ???

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just for clarity: 4 x 0 = 0

Yes DOI have done a structual report on the new flyover and here are the pictures to prove it.

Think you’ve all missed the point. The DOI have long had the ambition to create a connected up Douglas by pass or ring road. They daren’t actually call it that. This would be the final link, ironing o

Posted Images

11 hours ago, John Wright said:

Just for clarity:

4 x 0 = 0

Not if it’s the counting of votes for Trump.

• Haha 2
On 11/4/2020 at 6:19 AM, John Wright said:

Think you’ve all missed the point. The DOI have long had the ambition to create a connected up Douglas by pass or ring road. They daren’t actually call it that. This would be the final link, ironing out the kink from Braddan Church, through Braddan Bends, Jubilee Oak, past Braddan School to Ballafletcher Road.

Dressing it up as improving the TT Access Road is just sleight of hand. All the alternatives will slowly disappear until a flyover/relief road from Vicarage Road, at Meadow Crescent roundabout, to the Braddan Road/Ballafletcher Road roundabout is the only option.

Its not a new ambition. It was floated when the hospital was built. It’s why the Road from Fort North, along Cooil Road, to Isle of Man Business Park and Vicarage Road, has been over engineered, with mega roundabouts. It was always the plan.

There won’t be a problem with land acquisition, there’ll be a development trade off for housing on Kirby Farm. And it’ll be sold as part of the national post Covid reconstruction/redevelopment infrastructure project.

Correct - with a spur into the Kirby Farm industrial estate. This idea of the link you describe was, I think, even mooted publicly about 20-odd years ago at the time of the major (and fairly unpopular) massive engineering upgrade of Vicarage Road.

4 hours ago, hissingsid said:

If it is to serve as a pass or link road then it makes more sense and is certainly more acceptable.

Makes no sense to me. I don’t think traffic volume is increasing and the TT is not getting bigger. We don’t need anything other than what has been said about improving the access road and light controls.

I always thought that Vicarage Road was widened with future developments planned  for the area( most of which are at Ballacotier Springham/ Robbos etc).

42 minutes ago, Scotty said:

I always thought that Vicarage Road was widened with future developments planned  for the area( most of which are at Ballacotier Springham/ Robbos etc).

AKA the 'Douglas Outer Link Road'

i think an easy bypass which i'm sure was mentioned a while ago would be to fill in the top of summerhill glen and cut across from governors road to victoria road, it could even be a bridge of some sort.  tell the DOI we want a straight bridge and it should look something like this.

brdg.jpg

Edited by WTF
  • Haha 5

The Flyover is just an OTT distraction to make the other options seem more reasonable.

Unless, it were a 7 mile bridge as in Florida, from Cooil Rd to Onchan, missing all of Douglas, that would be OK., wouldn't it???