• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Typical nonsense in this thread.    I’ve had a flu jab this year - I don’t usually and I’ve never gone looking for one. This year a colleague approached me with a needle over lunch one day and

Hope they use the population projections from the Eastern district development plan then

True, but who receives the vaccine will be driven by politics or presentation rather than science because it is a hugely emotive subject.  Also, I think there is a real tension in the UK between prote

I suppose they only had about 6 months to anticipate a rise in demand and react accordingly. Even Lloyds admitted getting the vaccine for January would be ‘ too late ‘. Not sure who is supposed to be in charge of this - DHSC maybe? Who knows. 
I wonder how they’ll cope with getting the mythical covid vaccine rolled out - don’t suppose the UK gov will be keen to supply given the IOM govs smug ‘we don’t have covid’ stance.

7 minutes ago, Banker said:

Think it’s over 55 get free flu jabs in Channel Islands, not sure why we didn’t follow suit but possibly cost 

Sorry over 50 in Guernsey at cost of nominal £7, over 65 and high risk free. Jersey the same as us ie under 65 pay unless in high risk category 

9 minutes ago, yootalkin2me said:

Yay....my shares in Pfeizer wil go through the roof because all the paranoid sheeple will take a vaccine that the Governments will buy after being duped into thinking that it'll actually work...brilliant....I'll be fucken minted!

Call me stupid but all I can see the flu vaccine being successful at is giving you the flu! Maybe that's the whole intention to thinnout the elderly?

Just now, finlo said:

Call me stupid but all I can see the flu vaccine being successful at is giving you the flu! Maybe that's the whole intention to thinnout the elderly?

They can’t legally enforce you to take a vaccine anyway. Who is going to accept a hastily signed off vaccine shot straight into their system straight off anyway without a lot of convincing? 

The flu vaccine is not foolproof. I used to get it every year , and every year I got flu. Maybe having the vaccine means you don’t get it so bad. I don’t know. I’ll find out this year as I can’t get one anyway as I’m not old enough or fat enough.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

They can’t legally enforce you to take a vaccine anyway. Who is going to accept a hastily signed off vaccine shot straight into their system straight off anyway without a lot of convincing? 

Well they are trying to force it on to some sectors of society!

I don’t think they are forcing people.  I would take a covid vaccine but will probably not get one as I’m not at deaths door. No way will our leaders manage to get an adequate supply. If you disagree , flu jabs , being rationed here even if they can actually get them.

8 minutes ago, Anyone said:

I don’t think they are forcing people.  I would take a covid vaccine but will probably not get one as I’m not at deaths door. No way will our leaders manage to get an adequate supply. If you disagree , flu jabs , being rationed here even if they can actually get them.

It's a condition of employment for most care worker's.