Jump to content

Psychiatrists ?


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jesus wept. I look forward to your next complete flip-flop of political views. Hopefully it's less ridiculous than this one.

It's the bit at the end of that clip I like most. "Will anything change?" "No" "Don't worry about it then." Excellent.   Realistically, people are just people innit. Unless there's some valu

13 minutes ago, ThreeRaccoonsInATrenchCoat said:

I had to wait over 15 years before I saw a mental health professional. The system is broken. People have a religious-like worship of the NHS but the fact is that it's a total failure. We would have nothing to lose if we privatised the entire health system.

Except tremendous amounts of money and access to healthcare at all if you have a pre-existing condition.

But don't turn this thread into sycophantic dribble about Trump too.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HeliX said:

Except tremendous amounts of money and access to healthcare at all if you have a pre-existing condition.

But don't turn this thread into sycophantic dribble about Trump too.

What are you ranting on about? We have an NHS and no access to appropriate healthcare. We would be better off with a free market system for health care.  And you're the moron you brought up Trump, not me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ThreeRaccoonsInATrenchCoat said:

What are you ranting on about? We have an NHS and no access to appropriate healthcare. We would be better off with a free market system for health care.  And you're the moron you brought up Trump, not me.

:lol:

The "free market system" works for very little. And certainly not healthcare.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HeliX said:

:lol:

The "free market system" works for very little. And certainly not healthcare.

The free market works brilliantly. It has produced the greatest advancement and growth in the entire history of the world in the quality of life around the world.

It's not a coincidence that we can find 20 varieties of donut but usually get forced to choose between two -- or, at most, three -- political parties.

Free market capitalism works. Government and socialism do not work.  FACT.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ThreeRaccoonsInATrenchCoat said:

The free market works brilliantly. It has produced the greatest advancement and growth in the entire history of the world in the quality of life around the world.

It's not a coincidence that we can find 20 varieties of donut but usually get forced to choose between two -- or, at most, three -- political parties.

Free market capitalism works. Government and socialism do not work.  FACT.

Jesus wept. I look forward to your next complete flip-flop of political views. Hopefully it's less ridiculous than this one.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Jesus wept. I look forward to your next complete flip-flop of political views. Hopefully it's less ridiculous than this one.

Don’t fall for TJ trolling. Don’t feed the troll.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, HeliX said:

I hope he's trolling. That would be less troubling than the alternative.

Well, he’s got 1000 years of manxness so perhaps that gives him a unique insight.

You will understand this when he tells you that he can trace his ancestry back to a protoplasmal primordial atomic globule. Consequently, his Manx pride is something inconceivable. He can't help it. He was born that way. But he struggles hard to overcome this defect. ( to misquote WS Gilbert )

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

To be fair to the IOM - The Psychiatrist shortage is pretty dire in the UK as well and indeed pretty much world wide. The early retirement option (55 iirc?) on full pension, whilst understandable, does not help either. Care in the Community from the early 80's onwards has not worked, but there again the previous system of huge MH hospitals was if anything even worse. There is no fast, easy solution - but recognition and parity with other illnesses would be a start. The cover-ups of abuse in public sector institutions still coming to light decades later would be all but impossible in todays inspected and regulated world thank goodness.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/10/2020 at 8:00 PM, HeliX said:

Jesus wept. I look forward to your next complete flip-flop of political views. Hopefully it's less ridiculous than this one.

Curious to know what "flip flop" you think is going on here. I have always been a defender of free market capitalism All problems we see in the economy are not due to free markets but due to the absence of free markets. Crony capitalism is not free market capitalism. It is not even capitalism or state capitalism. The Isle of Man's freakish merger of state and private sector power is not capitalism but a hybrid of fascism and statism. But please answer, what different viewpoint have I ever promoted on here? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/10/2020 at 10:04 PM, John Wright said:

Well, he’s got 1000 years of manxness so perhaps that gives him a unique insight.

You will understand this when he tells you that he can trace his ancestry back to a protoplasmal primordial atomic globule. Consequently, his Manx pride is something inconceivable. He can't help it. He was born that way. But he struggles hard to overcome this defect. ( to misquote WS Gilbert )

Excuse me but I have no "Manx pride".

Nationalism is as stupid as socialism and communism.

All systems of collectivist identity or power should be disavowed. 

The only thing we should  invest our energy in is in ideology. I have more in common with many women in Hong Kong and men in Zimbabwe or Nigeria than with the average idiot in Strand Street, Isle of Man. You know why? Because those people, like me, understand that freedom is more important than childish tribalism. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ThreeRaccoonsInATrenchCoat said:

Excuse me but I have no "Manx pride".

Nationalism is as stupid as socialism and communism.

All systems of collectivist identity or power should be disavowed. 

The only thing we should  invest our energy in is in ideology. I have more in common with many women in Hong Kong and men in Zimbabwe or Nigeria than with the average idiot in Strand Street, Isle of Man. You know why? Because those people, like me, understand that freedom is more important than childish tribalism. 

You need to brush up your G&S

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/10/2020 at 7:56 PM, HeliX said:

:lol:

The "free market system" works for very little. And certainly not healthcare.

Actually, you're wrong. Free markets are always more efficient. The problem is when the government interferes and seeks to subsidise failing business models. If government kept out of it, and let successful businesses thrive, and let unsuccessful businesses go out of business, we'd find things run a lot more efficiently. The same goes for government's own public operations. Because civil servants have no vested interest in the success of a venture, they have nothing to win or lose, they come up with all manner of policies which would cause any private sector company to go out of business. They can sustain loss because they're spending other people's money. Which is why government is so inefficient and chronically inept. Look at the Department of Infrastructure as a good example. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...