Government to stop wasting money.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'll do it for nothing. One trip to DOI offices and Banks Circus. "You, you, you and you - clear your desks". I reckon that's £2M+ saved. Plus the £40M on whatever they were dreaming up next

Send me a private message please.    

I retract my offer.

Has anyone considered that Watterson is proposing an Auditor General, so that when he gets booted out next year, he's created a job for himself, with a pay rise?

From the "business case" Tynwald Auditor General (1 FTE) £110,000

7 minutes ago, b4mbi said:

Has anyone considered that Watterson is proposing an Auditor General, so that when he gets booted out next year, he's created a job for himself, with a pay rise?

From the "business case" Tynwald Auditor General (1 FTE) £110,000

Doesn’t have fancy dress uniform. But perhaps as a fall back if he doesn’t get to be el President

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Doesn’t have fancy dress uniform. But perhaps as a fall back if he doesn’t get to be el President

Auditor General

Get those stars polished

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
3 hours ago, Rhumsaa said:

are there 57 weeks in the year?

When the IOM government is counting, yes.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, b4mbi said:

He won't be booted out next year. He is doing very well on the local front I hear.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, Apple said:

He won't be booted out next year. He is doing very well on the local front I hear.

I can't see him getting booted out. Strong lead last time, reasonable constituency MHK, has avoided the Quayle shitshow and has Skelly acting as his human shield.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
35 minutes ago, asitis said:

It needs a smart forensic accountant with no connection whatsoever to government !

To add: Off Island based. Utterly impartial.

And no invites to the Hospitality tent either.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, b4mbi said:

Spending money to save money... oh for god's sake.

The auditor general has no power to effect the decisions made by other departments and hence directly effect savings.

Also, they are effectively planning on taking in house the  audit function for the IOMG financial statements, which surely must have more credibility if audited externally??

I would suggest it would take much more than the 2/3 people proposed to be employed by TAG to do an effective full audit of IOMG accounts.

That is very concerning if true, FFS the CS can continue to run amok with no proper audits of their waste, you couldn't make it up.

• Thanks 1

The only way to stop government wasting money is to get rid of government. Government attracts the most self-serving and disreputable type of sociopaths and psychopaths. As Reagan said, that government is best which governs least. We need to only have those essential aspects of government that are required for contract law and protection of individual rights. Anything else (entire departments) should be literally  abolished outright.