Government to stop wasting money.

59 minutes ago, Declan said:

I can't see him getting booted out. Strong lead last time, reasonable constituency MHK, has avoided the Quayle shitshow and has Skelly acting as his human shield.

He's hoping not to stand next time.  If Rodan decides not to stand again as President, the election to that will be before the General Election.  Skelly's reportedly retiring as well.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'll do it for nothing. One trip to DOI offices and Banks Circus. "You, you, you and you - clear your desks". I reckon that's £2M+ saved. Plus the £40M on whatever they were dreaming up next

Send me a private message please.    

I retract my offer.

56 minutes ago, ThreeRaccoonsInATrenchCoat said:

The only way to stop government wasting money is to get rid of government. Government attracts the most self-serving and disreputable type of sociopaths and psychopaths.

The only way is to get involved - Go to Tynwlad, Leg Co, or listen to it like I do on the radio, get to understand the forces involved, the power versus authority issues, accountability versus responsibility, the blockers and the movers, the patronage, the Douglas centric emphasis. Lots of MHK's are as frustrated as we are and still so many of us sit back and just moan about them. 

Ambition in politics is nothing new, the motivations and ambitions are pretty easy to unravel when you see them action regularly. They get away with it because we let them.

PS - one or two of them are in it for the right reasons. Again though, some ambitions exceed abilities. 

11 minutes ago, Apple said:

The only way is to get involved - Go to Tynwlad, Leg Co, or listen to it like I do on the radio, get to understand the forces involved, the power versus authority issues, accountability versus responsibility, the blockers and the movers, the patronage, the Douglas centric emphasis. Lots of MHK's are as frustrated as we are and still so many of us sit back and just moan about them.

Wrong. You cannot reform the system. You are wasting your time bothering to listening to the radio or other fake news media.

The only way to meaningfully reform the Isle of Man and bring about independence is through revolution.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Who mentioned Independence ? Will never happen, thank goodness.

We don't need revolution (been tried I think) but we do need to be willing to engage. It can not all come from the Government. Come on Chris Thomas, where are you??😄

10 minutes ago, ThreeRaccoonsInATrenchCoat said:

Wrong. You cannot reform the system. You are wasting your time bothering to listening to the radio or other fake news media.

The only way to meaningfully reform the Isle of Man and bring about independence is through revolution.

That's the spirit. How much are the pitchforks?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

To add: Off Island based. Utterly impartial.

And no invites to the Hospitality tent either.

Good in theory but then they have to keep going to Civil Servants in situ for information and get flimflam'd

All retiring my ass. Getting the fuck out before the gravy train runs dry and are asked to give some money back to help out. Or the embarrassment of not standing a chance of reelection and ending up working as a fluffer down on the failed marina in peel. Sorry my mind sometimes wanders.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, slinkydevil said:

Tynwald to take on auditor for
£885,000 per annum
giphy.gif

https://www.three.fm/news/isle-of-man-news/tynwald-to-take-on-auditor-for-885000-a-year/
"It would have an annual budget of £885,000 and after three years would try to find enough savings to pay for itself."

Err.. cancelling out any savings then.

Just another level of bureaucracy to gnarl up the gears of government, or a department with real power to do the job which Treasury should have been doing all along? 

• Like 4
7 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

I'll do it for nothing. One trip to DOI offices and Banks Circus.

"You, you, you and you - clear your desks".

I reckon that's £2M+ saved. Plus the £40M on whatever they were dreaming up next.

That’s what needs to be done. In fact I’d charter a bus off Bus Vannin to put them in and then get the driver to take them home! 

Using the US price of the forthcoming Pfizer Covid vaccine (£30 a pop) and then the UK Fees to GP's for administering it (£12.50) then the total cost of the IOM's 25,000 vaccine share will be £1,062,500.

So £885,000 would almost cover it in just one year.

Alternatively we could re-tarmac the Sloc with an extra 2.5 layers giving both extended lifetime and superlative ride quality in addition to enhanced scenic views.

I would hate to be a politician making these knife-edge, life-changing decisions.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
12 minutes ago, Manximus Aururaneus said:

Alternatively we could re-tarmac the Sloc with an extra 2.5 layers giving both extended lifetime and superlative ride quality

Jeeze! How deep would the ditches be??