Eight MHK's voted against Greater Transparency in Government.

31.Declarations by persons of influenceThe Hon. Member for Onchan (MsEdge) to move That Tynwald is of the opinion that the related party transactions disclosed in the Government’s audited accounts may underestimate the extent to which the Government’s ability to operate independently may be constrained; that further investigation should be undertaken to uncover transactions which should have been declared but have not been; and that a system should be put in place for similar declarations to be made where persons in positions of potential influence are in receipt of a Government salary rather than a Government contract.

Can you believe eight MHK's voted against this.

I would love to know which ones and why ?

• Like 2
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Towelheads

I wonder if folk like the bloated business man who has just put thousands of folk out of work in the UK's high streets has anything to do with the ordinary person having a cynical view of the rich, el

I quite like the fact that its seemingly impossible to find out the names of the 8 that voted against greater transparency in government.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Apple said:

Hansard is getting later and later. 

Wonder what the hold up could be.....?

The October Tynwald took three full days and there have been quite a lot of long Keys as well (rather than getting things over by lunchtime).  So I think it's just the backlog and the longer actual sessions go on for and the more written questions (for example) there are to sort out, the less time there is to tackle it.

I accept what you say RM. 

The problem is that until and unless the answers are published there must be some impact on what questions can be formulated for the next session.

One of the other issues of late is that some questions have created a need fo further information from either the CM or the Minister which is then circulated to members later.

4 minutes ago, Apple said:

I accept what you say RM. 

The problem is that until and unless the answers are published there must be some impact on what questions can be formulated for the next session.

One of the other issues of late is that some questions have created a need fo further information from either the CM or the Minister which is then circulated to members later.

If you look you'll see the late answers and ones where they promise to come back with further info get added into the Hansard Appendix files for that sitting for example: https://www.tynwald.org.im/business/hansard/20002020/t191119-HA-Q8.pdf

• Thanks 1