Strang man admits paedophile gang allegations were false

Manx Radio report

Plenty of donations to pay the fine on gofundme.com

OK, I don't know the details of this one, but I do know there are too many cases of Walter Mitty vigilante glory hunters, and there is nothing like a paedophile allegation to bring them out from under their stones.

Edited by Barlow
  • Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why would this be locked as the matter is no longer sub judice?  The last thing any society needs is outliers running their own version of policing and justice.  The correct thing to do is pass t

Andrew Fenton is mental, and always has been, right back to primary school. I can't believe people are queueing up to pay his fine. What a bunch of idiots.

There's something about people who are involved in constant drama. I remember when I used Facebook he was very vocal about a lot of stuff. This was before he became a  self styled'paedo hunter'. 

Posted Images

The damage he must have caused is terrible, and while the focus is on innocent people, the real paedos get away with it.  But on FB, he is something of a hero even though he was wrong in these cases, completely missing the point.  

You would hope he will be more cautious in future, but with recent sentencing perceived not to be reflective of public sentiment, you can see this kind of vigilanteism happening again. 

• Like 2

I can see this getting locked fairly sharpish, most of the details surrounding this are still in the public domain for anyone that wants to do their research. Mr A.F didn’t pick these names out of a hat and randomly start accusing people.

Once the law is updated A.F will be considered a hero, until then minors can still be contacted using phone messaging apps by adults posing as minors, ask them inappropriate questions, request pictures and more disgusting behaviour.

Random? Nah, people these days are quick to use the 'pedo' accusation over the slightest thing. The lower echelons of society use it because it works and they know that their nasty words stick. As I said, I don't know the details of this case, but some of these people in ruining innocent lives are as evil themselves as  the crimes they are imagining.

I've seen the list of donations and I wonder if there is more to this, but not in the way you are trying to say.

Edited by Barlow
48 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

I can see this getting locked fairly sharpish, most of the details surrounding this are still in the public domain for anyone that wants to do their research. Mr A.F didn’t pick these names out of a hat and randomly start accusing people.

Once the law is updated A.F will be considered a hero, until then minors can still be contacted using phone messaging apps by adults posing as minors, ask them inappropriate questions, request pictures and more disgusting behaviour.

Why would this be locked as the matter is no longer sub judice? 

The last thing any society needs is outliers running their own version of policing and justice.  The correct thing to do is pass this information to police and keep the pressure on them to investigate, but the investigation has to be done by those with the powers and expertise to do so.  I have no doubt he was sincere and motivated by a real to him concern, but it was not for him to be a self-appointed caped superhero and ruin lives. 

If you have proof of inappropriate contact of minors, then the correct thing to do is pass it to the appropriate authorities. 

Edited by Gladys
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Andrew Fenton is mental, and always has been, right back to primary school. I can't believe people are queueing up to pay his fine. What a bunch of idiots.

• Like 8
17 minutes ago, Barlow said:

I've seen the list of donations and I wonder if there is more to this, but not in the way you are trying to say.

I’ve got screenshots of the original posts, as I’m sure many others have, this was all around the same time a UK hunt group caught a local man interacting and sending images to one of the groups members who was pretending to be a minor, no such law on the IOM to cover this (yet) and because no crime was technically committed as the child was actually an adult posing as a minor.

Anyway things snowballed from that,  quite a few of the same names popped up time and time again for inappropriate behaviour, then there was a suspended sentence handed down for indecent images and that lit the touch paper once more.

There's something about people who are involved in constant drama.

I remember when I used Facebook he was very vocal about a lot of stuff. This was before he became a  self styled'paedo hunter'.  I seem to remember him being always involved in some drama or another.  Wasn't it his child who was being bullied by all of the teachers at Balla?  And wasn't it him who called the female headteacher a 'bitch' (and then swiftly removed it). Not exactly the sort of objective unemotional individual I'd want to employ as some kind of private dick.

Maybe just as a dick.

To be avoided at all costs I would say.

• Like 6
8 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

If your definition of mental means he’s old school, not interested in nanny state nonsense, doesn’t conform nor inspire to be anything other than himself and probably born about 30 years too late than yeah he’s pretty mental.

8 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

There's something about people who are involved in constant drama.

I remember when I used Facebook he was very vocal about a lot of stuff. This was before he became a  self styled'paedo hunter'.  I seem to remember him being always involved in some drama or another.  Wasn't it his child who was being bullied by all of the teachers at Balla?  And wasn't it him who called the female headteacher a 'bitch' (and then swiftly removed it). Not exactly the sort of objective unemotional individual I'd want to employ as some kind of private dick.

Maybe just as a dick.

To be avoided at all costs I would say.

Yep, that's him. 

1 hour ago, Annoymouse said:

He admitted the allegations were false.

22 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

I have had dealings with him, he did come across as 'unusual' but did a good job at a good price. 

This is him arriving for a pint at the Creg and I'm sure @Max Power could confirm he was a huge danger to himself and others when racing with his blatant disregard for his actions. I know of someone who had him fit a new front door and windows in August with 28 day payment terms as there was a reasonable chance he wouldn't make it through the impending MGP..........

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Whilst people may be distracted by the methods employed by AF, the question and focus should really be about the truth behind the headlines. A number of people were arrested (this is a fact), bailed and investigated and not because of the allegations made by AF but because a complainant, who was the subject  of abuse, made a formal statement to police. Just because the case has not got to court it does not mean that those investigated were or are innocent. In fact, one of those arrested has been on the sex offenders register and another named individual in prison for offenses against children (these individuals are not the ones AF pleaded guilty to harassing). There are fundamental problems with how such allegations are investigated and prosecuted locally, the former being a complete absence of empathy, compassion and competence and the latter arising from outdated legislation. The IOM claims to be a safe place to live, but I know of many who would dispute this. Something needs to change, which may in turn deter people like AF resorting to the methods he did. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1