Jump to content

Strang man admits paedophile gang allegations were false


Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, 2bees said:

There's a lot of support for his Just giving thing. 

It's an emotive subject and people tend to flare up and say irrational things in support of a lynch mob. It's a mistake though to think that support on a facebook page means everyone agrees with your methods, it's generally people who know you anyway!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why would this be locked as the matter is no longer sub judice?  The last thing any society needs is outliers running their own version of policing and justice.  The correct thing to do is pass t

Andrew Fenton is mental, and always has been, right back to primary school. I can't believe people are queueing up to pay his fine. What a bunch of idiots.

There's something about people who are involved in constant drama. I remember when I used Facebook he was very vocal about a lot of stuff. This was before he became a  self styled'paedo hunter'. 

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, Max Power said:

It's an emotive subject and people tend to flare up and say irrational things in support of a lynch mob. It's a mistake though to think that support on a facebook page means everyone agrees with your methods, it's generally people who know you anyway!

52 people donating nearly £2k indicate some people support him a great deal.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Max Power said:

Easily done :) , I don't have the best track record but I did leave a few years between accidents as a rule! 

 

To be fair, it's got to be difficult to prosecute on allegations and hearsay, especially where historic cases are concerned. This indicates the difficulty as the law states that people are innocent until proven guilty. The burden of proof which is on the complainant must have been too heavy in this instance. People may have good alibis for dates given, have witnesses to back up stories, there may be holes in the story. Personally, I can't see the police refusing to prosecute if they could. We are not known to shy away from a juicy headline grabber, at least not in the past!

As far as I know the decision to prosecute or not is not the police's to make. I stand to be corrected, but I thought that responsibility was with the AGs based on the investigation evidence (undertaken by the police). The investigation into the original accusations has been a complete mess from the start and so in part explains no court action to date; however this is not the end of the matter as there are things going on behind the scenes that may well change this in time. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The other issue worth noting is that the title of this thread is incorrect. AF never admitted the allegations were false at all; he pleaded guilty to harassment. As I have said before, the allegations were not made by him and so they were not his to state they were false. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

I'm actually quite suprised he hasn't ended up with some sort of psychiatric help via sentencing. 

Judging by the reports, court case and comments on here, the dude is clearly a fruitcake! 

You clearly have a good grasp of mental health by using such insulting terminology. Maybe you should take a trip back to the dark ages where leeches were the answer; you'd fit in well. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Utd Front said:

As far as I know the decision to prosecute or not is not the police's to make. I stand to be corrected, but I thought that responsibility was with the AGs based on the investigation evidence (undertaken by the police). The investigation into the original accusations has been a complete mess from the start and so in part explains no court action to date; however this is not the end of the matter as there are things going on behind the scenes that may well change this in time. 

Yes, the final decision would be the AGs after reviewing the case put before him. But I'm sure the police can decide whether or not they feel confident enough to go ahead? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Plus it is not unknown for the police to say that a case has been given to the AG, but the AG has turned it down, not the police. When in actual fact the police hadn't given the case to the AG in the first place. 

When prepared to tell such lies, the police have ultimate power, and that is one of the problems with the Isle of Man justice system. You can never be sure who the crooks are.

But generally I have found the police to be very good.

Edited by Barlow
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Utd Front said:

The other issue worth noting is that the title of this thread is incorrect. AF never admitted the allegations were false at all; he pleaded guilty to harassment. As I have said before, the allegations were not made by him and so they were not his to state they were false. 

The title is copied from Manx Radio news "Strang man admits paedophile gang allegations were false"

 

"......A court's heard a Strang man carried out a year-long campaign of harassment against two men he falsely accused of being in a paedophile gang......"

Edited by Barlow
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...