Strang man admits paedophile gang allegations were false

3 hours ago, 2112 said:

1. Secondly the sentencing was quite frankly very lenient to say the least. Perhaps some kind, informative and judicial knowledgeable people, could look to get this case referred to the AGs office as unduly leinient.

2. Whilst the offender referred to was also given a restraining order and ordered to stop publicising names and false allegations, what’s to say that this won’t be broken, or perhaps new allegations made against new and other individuals.?

3, If someone is suffering from MH issues, will it take a potential breach of a court order, before possible remedial treatment is carried out?

1. The AG’s were prosecuting. They know all about it. I’m not certain it’s a sentence that’s sufficiently outside the range of judicial discretion, especially with the heavy duty family circumstances mitigation, to warrant challenge or review. 

2. if the restraining order or suspended sentence are breached then no doubt action will be taken.

3. Neither of us are competent to diagnose a mental health issue. But, based on practical experience, there don’t seem to be symptoms of any sectionable condition ( an illness that could justify compulsory detention and treatment ). Lots of people live other wise successful lives, hold down jobs, care for family,  with things like low level paranoias, obsessions, etc, and behave outside culturally acceptable norms. But they don’t get locked away. We aren’t Russia, or North Korea, or even UK up until the 1930’s. 

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why would this be locked as the matter is no longer sub judice?  The last thing any society needs is outliers running their own version of policing and justice.  The correct thing to do is pass t

Andrew Fenton is mental, and always has been, right back to primary school. I can't believe people are queueing up to pay his fine. What a bunch of idiots.

This. The Bookface vigilante mob may think they're doing good but I can't see how. If they accuse someone and they're wrong, they can ruin lives. If they accuse someone and they're right, they are pot

Posted Images

4 hours ago, 2112 said:

Nothing wrong with your thread. Sadly it is one particular FB site administered by a well known person that attracts, all the oddballs and local politicos and granny farmers. Very Unhealthy. 

Secondly the sentencing was quite frankly very lenient to say the least. Perhaps some kind, informative and judicial knowledgeable people, could look to get this case referred to the AGs office as unduly leinient.

Whilst the offender referred to was also given a restraining order and ordered to stop publicising names and false allegations, what’s to say that this won’t be broken, or perhaps new allegations made against new and other individuals.? If someone is suffering from MH issues, will it take a potential breach of a court order, before possible remedial treatment is carried out?

He is posting quite robustly on 3fm's FB page. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
3 hours ago, Gladys said:

He is posting quite robustly on 3fm's FB page. 

I read those. Dissembling. Misguided. Egging his supporters on. Disingenuous at best, deliberately misleading at worst.

He denies giving a no comment interview because he also gave information in the investigation of those he harassed. 

He says he didn’t accuse the men. It was others who complained and accused them. Seems he thinks that repeating the allegations, naming, posting addresses and photos of them isn’t something that’s personal to him.

25 minutes ago, Kipper99 said:

I read those. Dissembling. Misguided. Egging his supporters on. Disingenuous at best, deliberately misleading at worst.

He denies giving a no comment interview because he also gave information in the investigation of those he harassed. 

He says he didn’t accuse the men. It was others who complained and accused them. Seems he thinks that repeating the allegations, naming, posting addresses and photos of them isn’t something that’s personal to him.

He is also saying all will be revealed soon, so no remorse , contrition or let up, just hasn't named his alleged perpetrators.  

What does get me befuddled is that he seems to be making allegations against people based on the information he has been given by an alleged victim.

The variety of people claimed to be involved stretches across the complete social scale, from top to bottom, which would indicate an active and serious paedophile ring or total or perhaps partial fantasy? If there is/was such a ring, surely more people would know about it, including victims who would have come forward by now? Has the victim, or others complained to the police themselves, and has any action been taken? All he is doing is maintaining interest in this, rather than being able to make allegations himself. His harassment of those he alleges to have committed these crimes is only helping them to cover up their tracks surely?  

I'm sure that this will have been properly investigated due to the seriousness of the allegations, I'm not so sure that the IoM would benefit from any ensuing scandal a prosecution would bring?   

Edited by Max Power
2 hours ago, tetchtyke said:

How the hell his comments on Facebook aren't in breach of his restraining order I'll never know.

He's not restrained from posting on FB ( he was whilst on bail awaiting trial) just from naming the men again

3 hours ago, Max Power said:

I'm not so sure that the IoM would benefit from any ensuing scandal a prosecution would bring?   

Generally speaking, I wonder how much 'benefit to the Isle of Man' and the fear of a scandal plays in delivering justice here.

(actually quite a lot I would say)

• Like 2

Remember Carl Beech?  It was a funny kind of Munchausen by proxy.  I am not saying AF is in the same bracket, but paedophilia is a highly emotive crime because of it being, historically, ignored, swept under the carpet or not believed to be happening at all.  

• Like 2

Highly emotive by simple definition. There was that demo outside the court house a few weeks back. I knew some people who were telling people to attend. It was as if they were saying anyone who didn't demonstrate must either support 'pedos' (sic) or be an actual 'pedo' (sic).

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Barlow said:

Highly emotive by simple definition. There was that demo outside the court house a few weeks back. I knew some people who were telling people to attend. It was as if they were saying anyone who didn't demonstrate must either support 'pedos' (sic) or be an actual 'pedo' (sic).

Well, haven't we had the same with BLM?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
On 11/20/2020 at 2:48 PM, Barlow said:

Virtue signalling?

I think there's a lot of truth in that - not just in those supporting this financially but in this whole anti-paedophile campaigning  effort.  What distinguishes virtue signalling is those doing it are more interested in the signalling that the virtue.  If those who claim they want to see paedophiles prosecuted went quietly to the police with their evidence rather than ranting all over Facebook, there would be a better chance of prosecutions actually happening -at least when there was evidence, rather than "I think so-and-so looks a bit funny". 

• Like 3