Strang man admits paedophile gang allegations were false

I'm not sure it's correct to refer to falsely (apparently) accusing people and causing significant damage as a result as "methods" like there's some validity or value to it. 

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why would this be locked as the matter is no longer sub judice?  The last thing any society needs is outliers running their own version of policing and justice.  The correct thing to do is pass t

Andrew Fenton is mental, and always has been, right back to primary school. I can't believe people are queueing up to pay his fine. What a bunch of idiots.

There's something about people who are involved in constant drama. I remember when I used Facebook he was very vocal about a lot of stuff. This was before he became a  self styled'paedo hunter'. 

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Utd Front said:

I am not saying that the methods employed by AF are acceptable, but what I am saying is that unless you walk in the shoes of victims you will never know what lengths you would go to when desperate. At the end of the day and regardless of what you think of his methods, does it not make you wonder why someone would go to such lengths. People usually, but not always, lie for gain; what’s the gain here? 

Do  you think it may be the kudos, a kind of Messiah complex, or just sheer vindictiveness? 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, HeliX said:

I'm not sure it's correct to refer to falsely (apparently) accusing people and causing significant damage as a result as "methods" like there's some validity or value to it. 

The point is, and whatever you wish to call it, what he did was wrong. However, it is important to be correct here and state that they were not his allegations; they were made by someone else directly to the police. He then embarked on a social media campaign against alleged perpetrators based on what he had been told.

3 minutes ago, Utd Front said:

I am not saying that the methods employed by AF are acceptable, but what I am saying is that unless you walk in the shoes of victims you will never know what lengths you would go to when desperate. At the end of the day and regardless of what you think of his methods, does it not make you wonder why someone would go to such lengths. People usually, but not always, lie for gain; what’s the gain here? 

Gaining the praise (and in this case the cash) of others.  Though lying is not maybe the right word here - such people are often very good at deluding themselves as well that whatever they say is true, based on very little evidence.  That's why others believe them - they are sincere, they're just not right.

And if people are thinking about the victims (either of current or past child abuse) then making splashy allegations all over social media is not the way to do it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, Utd Front said:

You are presuming the "guilt" of those he harassed. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Utd Front said:

The point is, and whatever you wish to call it, what he did was wrong. However, it is important to be correct here and state that they were not his allegations; they were made by someone else directly to the police. He then embarked on a social media campaign against alleged perpetrators based on what he had been told.

So let me get this straight...

The victim goes to the Police and makes the allegations against whoever.

The victim then tells AF who, rather than support the victim,  decides to go on the offensive and plaster the allegations and names all over Facebook.

In doing so he would have damaged any case brought before a jury and tipped of anyone involved that an investigation was underway giving them time to destroy evidence. 

Sounds perfectly reasonable to me..

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

The victim then tells AF who, rather than support the victim,  decides to go on the offensive and plaster the allegations and names all over Facebook.

In doing so he would have damaged any case brought before a jury and tipped of anyone involved that an investigation was underway giving them time to destroy evidence. 

Did he even get the allegation directly from the victim?

Many of his followers and fine payers are motorcyclists. Especially on the Isle of Man I have noticed that many bikers assume the moral high ground and will support a person simply "because they are a biker". It happens in other so-called communities or sections of society too of course, but that doesn't make it right.

There is a certain amount of this going on here. 

• Like 3
50 minutes ago, Barlow said:

Many of his followers and fine payers are motorcyclists. Especially on the Isle of Man I have noticed that many bikers assume the moral high ground and will support a person simply "because they are a biker". It happens in other so-called communities or sections of society too of course, but that doesn't make it right.

There is a certain amount of this going on here. 

I ride a bike and I think he's a wrong'un.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, manxman1980 said:

What he did was wrong and I agree would jeopardise any investigation. 

4 hours ago, Uhtred said:

I’m known for my mediation and empathy.

4 hours ago, John Wright said:

And totally tasteless humour

Could be worse,could be humourless or bombastic. Or worse still,both.

57 minutes ago, HeliX said:

I ride a bike and I think he's a wrong'un.

I ride a bike and think he's a wrong'un too,

I'm sure you have met the sort of biker I refer to. 

"He's one of us so let's support him, especially as it's to do with pedos and we know what bikers think of pedos"

Edited by Barlow
  • Like 1