Ramsey Group Practice

8 hours ago, piebaps said:

Appointments are done on the basis of what is wrong with you. That's the point of triage. If you're not getting one, you don't need one. Its not difficult.

Yeah In some practices but not all - So not difficult but no continuity of Isle of Man GP Services!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All of this reminds me of a story told to me many years ago..... elderly gentleman was experiencing problems in urinating (I recognise that symptom) so he called his local surgery for an appointment w

That’s a particularly simple-minded conclusion. Triage is, of course an important element of making and prioritising appointments, but the expertise of the person triaging and the ability of the patie

Said mohammed from ramsey

Posted Images

20 hours ago, piebaps said:

Appointments are done on the basis of what is wrong with you. That's the point of triage. If you're not getting one, you don't need one. Its not difficult.

That’s a particularly simple-minded conclusion. Triage is, of course an important element of making and prioritising appointments, but the expertise of the person triaging and the ability of the patient to describe symptoms is also very important. If the system employed gets that wrong or leads to long delays in getting the patient in front of a Doctor, this could have negative consequences for patient health. Rules may be standard but implementation can vary dramatically. 

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

If this is being done because of covid19 (rather than for general efficiency reasons) it makes sense only if the staff who apply these rules and restrictions within the practice continue to do so in their private lives outside the practice.

I wouldn’t trust any of them fella’s. I went there with me prostate and all the doctor did was put on a mask and stick his finger up me ass! What sort of fella needs a mask for that?

30 minutes ago, MadRonnie said:

I wouldn’t trust any of them fella’s. I went there with me prostate and all the doctor did was put on a mask and stick his finger up me ass! What sort of fella needs a mask for that?

Did he put it on you or himself?

• Haha 2
11 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Did he put it on you or himself?

Well that’s the funny thing. He made me wear a mask as well. I mean what sort of protection is a mask going to do when your sticking your finger up another fellas hoop? Them fellas are strange fellas if you ask me. It’s only because our Sharon is up the Pondy now so it was quicker than getting a bus back to Douglas! I won’t be going back.

On 11/24/2020 at 10:01 AM, Last Ten said:

Which just goes to show they are all differing in there appointment system.

It seems to be down to willingness. It seems that a bit like teachers some doctors and practices have seen covid and the DHSC guidance as a good excuse for doing a lot less than usual for as long as possible. Others seem to have accepted that there isn’t any community covid in the IOM so as long as they follow guidance loosely it’s better from a service point of view. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, MadRonnie said:

Well that’s the funny thing. He made me wear a mask as well. I mean what sort of protection is a mask going to do when your sticking your finger up another fellas hoop? Them fellas are strange fellas if you ask me. It’s only because our Sharon is up the Pondy now so it was quicker than getting a bus back to Douglas! I won’t be going back.

Sorry - but that's a really terrible impression / impersonation of Mad Uncle Ronnie. Worse than Mike Yarwood's. Worse than Rory Bremner's. Worse even than Jon Culshaw's.

Can you do Frank Spencer?

3 minutes ago, pongo said:

Worse than Mike Yarwood's. Worse than Rory Bremner's. Worse even than Jon Culshaw

I don’t know any of them fellas. They don’t drink down the Legion do they?