Vaccine- who will have it?

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Who is talking about setting up in a cowshed?  There are plenty of nice, warm venues large enough to do this on the IOM without OTT adaptations.  

It was quite revealing when at one of the briefings last week he spent quite a while explaining how the IOM's clinicians had debated whether to extend the period between doses, and it was a consensus

Timeout. You were given a gentle hint earlier. 

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Nellie said:

A quick look at the Vaccination Dashboard shows that they have switched around 5000 doses from the 2nd dose stockpile into the 1st dose. This is good news as far as picking up the pace goes. 

Supply in March was always going to be ramped up so no doubt now they have confirmation of imminent doses they can switch with the confidence enough is inbound.

10 minutes ago, Southernman said:

But no jabs recorded so far today? I hope our vaccination palaces are fit for purpose during a lockdown.

Might have something to do with the fact the Chester Street hub is all in darkness - ie closed, so it appeared when I walked past at 2pm.  It is really odd how they are rolling this programme out.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
3 minutes ago, Hmmmm said:

Might have something to do with the fact the Chester Street hub is all in darkness - ie closed, so it appeared when I walked past at 2pm.  It is really odd how they are rolling this programme out.  

It is odd. But let's hope that since The MBE said that we are due more than our fair share in the next few days (I think that's what I heard him say over the weekend) then the process should be a 7 day operation rather than the 3 day one we've have had so far. I'm told that there's no shortage of volunteer trained ex GP/hospital/nursing staff so there's no reason for holding back. They just need to get on with it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXE8LdXzeHM&ab_channel=lonjil

8 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

It is odd. But let's hope that since The MBE said that we are due more than our fair share in the next few days (I think that's what I heard him say over the weekend) then the process should be a 7 day operation rather than the 3 day one we've have had so far. I'm told that there's no shortage of volunteer trained ex GP/hospital/nursing staff so there's no reason for holding back. They just need to get on with it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXE8LdXzeHM&ab_channel=lonjil

Only 3119 jabs booked next 7 days which seems low, only about 450 per day over 2 hubs! Maybe the inability of anyone to get through to book is reducing number booking?

3 hours ago, Hmmmm said:

Just 5 jabs in care homes recorded so far today so hubs not in use.

Cambon beat me to it.

Edited by Southernman
Info duplicated
17 hours ago, Andy Onchan said:

I'm told that there's no shortage of volunteer trained ex GP/hospital/nursing staff so there's no reason for holding back

Correct, but they have not reached out for them. 

But don't believe all you read on social media ......too much disinformation out there. Believe the statements at the press conferences instead, their disinformation is more correct. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Today's trivia... When the airport "hub" was opened the gov. proudly announced that there are 10 vaccination cubicles.

The attached photo shows the first 5 cubicles closest to the camera, and the others are on the far side of the width-ways partition.

When I was there, the first 5 cubicles were not being used. That first area is where documentation is checked and where people sit and wait to be called into the far side. The cubicles are taking up space that should be used to gain a bit more physical separation space for the people waiting. I suppose it is par for the course for gov. design. It does make one wonder what else they have screwed up.

x.jpg

I only know a few people who've been for their jabs at the airport, but they've all been impressed (and surprised!) at how smooth and efficient it all went.

Sometimes I think people just complain for the sake of it.

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

I only know a few people who've been for their jabs at the airport, but they've all been impressed (and surprised!) at how smooth and efficient it all went.

Sometimes I think people just complain for the sake of it.

I suspect this time with the outbreak - more people are crapping themselves and trying to get themselves on the system.

Little wonder it is bunged up currently.

46 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

I suspect this time with the outbreak - more people are crapping themselves and trying to get themselves on the system.

Little wonder it is bunged up currently.

That's more than enough contradictory scatalogical metaphors in that post I think.

• Haha 2