Jump to content

Vaccine- who will have it?


Banker
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Billy kettlefish said:

If I want abuse from you just tell me which red light ur standing under and pop along.

Timeout. You were given a gentle hint earlier. 

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/24/2020 at 5:31 PM, AcousticallyChallenged said:

It is being checked thoroughly, nobody is skipping any steps.

Vaccines usually take years because there are a lot of dead periods where paperwork is sat in in trays, funding is being negotiated etc. In this case, everybody is chomping at the bit so things are being processed in a more timely fashion, without being rushed.

I'll be having it when it's available.

On 11/24/2020 at 5:17 PM, Derek Flint said:

How can it be ‘not checked thoroughly’? It is a licensed medicine. It had to go through the same scrutiny as any other vaccine- they just put a lot more effort into it!

during the Falklands War, an air refueling solution was engineered for the Nimrod in under a fortnight. In peacetime that would have taken 2-3 years

necessity is the mother of all invention.

The trials of the Pfizer one do not complete until 2023 so no, it is not checked thoroughly. The final date for data collection for the primary outcome measure is not even completed, due completion date is August 3, 2021. If you want the proof check the clinical trials.gov website  https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/record/NCT04368728?view=record

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Scipio said:

The trials of the Pfizer one do not complete until 2023 so no, it is not checked thoroughly. The final date for data collection for the primary outcome measure is not even completed, due completion date is August 3, 2021. If you want the proof check the clinical trials.gov website  https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/record/NCT04368728?view=record

All vaccine trial continue past licensing. It’s only then that large scale data about long term use can be gathered. It’s nothing sinister. Doesn’t mean it’s not been tested enough to be emergency licensed.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

UK on under 60s group already, whatever you think of how they’ve handled pandemic this is fantastic progress on vaccinations 

People aged 56 and over now eligible for jabs in the UK

People aged 56 and over are now able to book their COVID-19 jabs via the NHS, with the UK's vaccine rollout continuing to rollout at pace.

The government is aiming for all over 50s to have been offered their jab by May, at which point the next phase of the rollout can begin.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Banker said:

UK on under 60s group already, whatever you think of how they’ve handled pandemic this is fantastic progress on vaccinations 

People aged 56 and over now eligible for jabs in the UK

People aged 56 and over are now able to book their COVID-19 jabs via the NHS, with the UK's vaccine rollout continuing to rollout at pace.

The government is aiming for all over 50s to have been offered their jab by May, at which point the next phase of the rollout can begin.

Strange, the JCVI group 8 is for people 55 and over. Not sure why the age of 56 is mentioned.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Banker said:

UK on under 60s group already, whatever you think of how they’ve handled pandemic this is fantastic progress on vaccinations 

People aged 56 and over now eligible for jabs in the UK

People aged 56 and over are now able to book their COVID-19 jabs via the NHS, with the UK's vaccine rollout continuing to rollout at pace.

The government is aiming for all over 50s to have been offered their jab by May, at which point the next phase of the rollout can begin.

So I presume that means the over 50's group will be fully vaccinated by August in the UK, if they have been offered a jab by May.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Scipio said:

The trials of the Pfizer one do not complete until 2023 so no, it is not checked thoroughly. The final date for data collection for the primary outcome measure is not even completed, due completion date is August 3, 2021. If you want the proof check the clinical trials.gov website  https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/record/NCT04368728?view=record

Additional scientific questions about the vaccines remain that should be answered to improve vaccine efficacy, including questions regarding the optimisation of vaccination regimens, booster doses, the correlates of protection, vaccine effectiveness, safety and enhanced surveillance. The timely and coordinated execution of these post-efficacy tasks will bring the pandemic to an effective, and efficient, close. Hence the continuance trials.

Screen Shot 2021-03-06 at 13.31.03.png

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Newbie said:

So I presume that means the over 50's group will be fully vaccinated by August in the UK, if they have been offered a jab by May.

I'm 17 63, first jab Wed. 12th, second jab May 28th. Friend in Somerset is 60, he's already had his first jab.

In general people are being sensible down here, especially since a local 'lass' died of Covid but she was morbidly obese.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...