Vaccine- who will have it?

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It was quite revealing when at one of the briefings last week he spent quite a while explaining how the IOM's clinicians had debated whether to extend the period between doses, and it was a consensus

Who is talking about setting up in a cowshed?  There are plenty of nice, warm venues large enough to do this on the IOM without OTT adaptations.  

Always something to moan about.  Can’t you just be grateful that you live here and not, virtually, anywhere else in the world.  Last time I looked the UK/CI/IOM were streets ahead of the rest of the w

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Roxanne said:

They’re not really idiots. They’re just poor souls terrified rigid by the TV, radio and newspapers - and social media. There’s so much conflicting information they don’t know what to do for the best.

What would be really good is if someone who knew what they were talking about could give them the facts but facts don’t seem that easy to come by right now. It’s almost as if the MSM want everyone to be confused and frightened.  It doesn’t make them idiots though. 

You are just too kind today..

The thing that makes it difficult is knowing when you are out of your depth. I don't think some of them realise it now and cannot row it back.

We will soon need a big name from across to lead us all out of this mess.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Banker said:

Obviously a few trying to select their vaccinations choice, some idiots who are no doubt causing more work for 111

https://www.three.fm/news/isle-of-man-news/respect-the-vaccine-booking-process-minister-urges/

Is this anything more than Ashford complaining about a few cases where people have been worried and sought reassurance?  Perhaps because they had a history of blood clots.  We saw this before when he claimed loads of people had been claiming to be housebound when they weren't, and it turned out there couldn't have been that many and the real problem was DHSC assuming that elderly and infirm people could  get to one of their over-spec'ed Hubs easily.  This sounds like the DHSC whinging that anyone should dare to question them about anything, while giving such reassurance is part of the job.

3 hours ago, slinkydevil said:

Got my letter this morning. Online reg. First jab tomorrow.

That's a good turnaround.

Got mine and online registered yesterday, got called today and also have my first jab tomorrow.

Im down for AZ at Chester St. so makes me wonder if there isn't some truth to the idea of some cancelling their AZ jab. I really didn't expect to have an appointment before next Monday even if I did get the call today.

Appointment is for 3:30 so looks like I'll be missing the briefing. Was looking forward to hearing what was the reason for today's cancellation but hey-ho. 

And by the way - was told I needn't bother bringing my own consent form, in fact she pretty much discouraged me from doing so. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Zarley said:

Got mine and online registered yesterday, got called today and also have my first jab tomorrow.

Im down for AZ at Chester St. so makes me wonder if there isn't some truth to the idea of some cancelling their AZ jab. I really didn't expect to have an appointment before next Monday even if I did get the call today.

Appointment is for 3:30 so looks like I'll be missing the briefing. Was looking forward to hearing what was the reason for today's cancellation but hey-ho. 

And by the way - was told I needn't bother bringing my own consent form, in fact she pretty much discouraged me from doing so. 

What group are you in?

9 minutes ago, Banker said:

What group are you in?

Six. I would have been in eight if I didn't have a chronic illness (no I'm not obese and yes I work full-time). 

Edited by Zarley
48 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Is this anything more than Ashford complaining about a few cases where people have been worried and sought reassurance?  Perhaps because they had a history of blood clots.  We saw this before when he claimed loads of people had been claiming to be housebound when they weren't, and it turned out there couldn't have been that many and the real problem was DHSC assuming that elderly and infirm people could  get to one of their over-spec'ed Hubs easily.  This sounds like the DHSC whinging that anyone should dare to question them about anything, while giving such reassurance is part of the job.

He's stating facts about some selfish people from what I can see, who are probably too busy listening to you and Karen on Facebook.

1 minute ago, TerryFuchwit said:

As long as you're not a teacher then Banker won't mind:thumbsup:

Aye but my daughter is a teacher. Works damn hard too and will be working right up to a week before her due-date. 

• Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

Respect.

I'll pass that on. She's well aware there are plenty about who love to disparage teachers and while it can be disheartening, she carries on regardless.

It means a lot to her when someone has something positive to say. She was showered with little thank you gifts and cards from happy students and parents both after her online efforts during the last lockdown. 

I couldn't be more proud of her. You may have noticed. :D

• Like 7
1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

I was thinking about this earlier. (Not for long though).

Is it possible that Mr Ashcroft is a compulsive liar? These stories seem to slide off his tongue with great ease and at such a rate that it’s hard to keep a tally sometimes. 

• Like 1