Vaccine- who will have it?

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It was quite revealing when at one of the briefings last week he spent quite a while explaining how the IOM's clinicians had debated whether to extend the period between doses, and it was a consensus

Who is talking about setting up in a cowshed?  There are plenty of nice, warm venues large enough to do this on the IOM without OTT adaptations.  

Timeout. You were given a gentle hint earlier. 

Posted Images

All this talk of injections and medics reminds me of that lovely tribute the Huddersfield jail boxing team paid to Harold Shipman when he died. He was a keen pugilist in prison and his colleagues said they particularly missed his lethal jab.

• Haha 2

See they have realigned the vaccination dashboard to more accurately reflect the priority population in the 9 priority  cohorts.  This has come down to from the mid fifties to 46909, it was clearly wrong given the number of persons being inoculated in the 50 to 65 range under the various cohorts (vulnerable, care workers, front line health etc).  Even this current number maybe somewhat of a moveable feast, but is more reflective of the target and as a consequence the overall percentage, of at least one dose administered, has jumped to over 62%.

COVID-19 vaccination statistics (gov.im)

• Thanks 3
1 hour ago, Hmmmm said:

See they have realigned the vaccination dashboard to more accurately reflect the priority population in the 9 priority  cohorts.  This has come down to from the mid fifties to 46909, it was clearly wrong given the number of persons being inoculated in the 50 to 65 range under the various cohorts (vulnerable, care workers, front line health etc).  Even this current number maybe somewhat of a moveable feast, but is more reflective of the target and as a consequence the overall percentage, of at least one dose administered, has jumped to over 62%.

COVID-19 vaccination statistics (gov.im)

Good news, and I note also that the final batch of phase 1 letters is to be mailed out by the 29th March which is encouraging.

26 minutes ago, Billy kettlefish said:

Off to get my first covid jab today. 😕

Don't worry. Its a doddle. Hope it goes well.

14 minutes ago, Cambon said:

I am in group 8. Just got my letter and have registered online.

Me too.

Just had my first jab, left with an overwhelming feeling of frustration ! The operation was superb, slick, efficient and staffed with wonderful people! Frustration, in as much as, organisation and efficiency can be done, but isn't in the vast majority of what Government touch.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Gladys said:

And me. Got me quick release keks on. 

They aren't the Marine Drive ones are they...? 🤭

4 minutes ago, asitis said:

Just had my first jab, left with an overwhelming feeling of frustration ! The operation was superb, slick, efficient and staffed with wonderful people! Frustration, in as much as, organisation and efficiency can be done, but isn't in the vast majority of what Government touch.

This is what often happens when they outsource the work to other, efficient, non governmental services. I’m glad to hear it all went well. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
30 minutes ago, Cambon said:

I am in group 8. Just got my letter and have registered online.

Registered online, got call back 25 minutes later, first jab tomorrow Chester street, had offer of either hub so must be using both tomorrow 

29 minutes ago, Banker said:

Registered online, got call back 25 minutes later, first jab tomorrow Chester street, had offer of either hub so must be using both tomorrow 

Thank fuck for that, will you shut up moaning now? 

• Haha 6