Vaccine- who will have it?

17 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Thank fuck for that, will you shut up moaning now? 

If I think the roll out could be better I will comment, same as you , if not happy scroll on😀

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It was quite revealing when at one of the briefings last week he spent quite a while explaining how the IOM's clinicians had debated whether to extend the period between doses, and it was a consensus

Who is talking about setting up in a cowshed?  There are plenty of nice, warm venues large enough to do this on the IOM without OTT adaptations.  

Timeout. You were given a gentle hint earlier. 

Posted Images

54 minutes ago, Banker said:

Registered online, got call back 25 minutes later, first jab tomorrow Chester street, had offer of either hub so must be using both tomorrow 

Have they finally got the message, do you think?

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Gladys said:

And me. Got me quick release keks on. 

I suspect you’ve misunderstood the procedure! 

• Haha 5
1 hour ago, Gladys said:

And me. Got me quick release keks on. 

Were you at uni with me? If so I remember you...

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, Major Rushen said:

...wait until he gets to Chester street and  reports on the faculty ... not as goods as G or J.

Not going to university, been there already 😂

1 hour ago, Roxanne said:

This is what often happens when they outsource the work to other, efficient, non governmental services. I’m glad to hear it all went well. 

It's not that it's non-governmental (except for some marshalling from volunteers, it's NHS and other government people), but that (a) it's basically fairly straightforward anyway and (b) the people on the ground have now been able to organise things to work efficiently rather than according to the whims of various managers in some distant office.  This explains why the Airport one started chaotic but swiftly sorted itself out.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Andy Onchan said:

Have they finally got the message, do you think?

My prediction is that they’ll reduce throughput to 350-500 per day over the next 17 weeks due to supply logistics.

see post on other thread with numbers

• Thanks 1
18 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

It's not that it's non-governmental (except for some marshalling from volunteers, it's NHS and other government people), but that (a) it's basically fairly straightforward anyway and (b) the people on the ground have now been able to organise things to work efficiently rather than according to the whims of various managers in some distant office.  This explains why the Airport one started chaotic but swiftly sorted itself out.

Indeed. It was interesting but not surprising to hear the news from the UK not so long ago that the only thing that was receiving public support and praise was the vaccination process and that seemed to be because it was organised by the NHS with very little government intervention - yes, I know NHS is under the umbrella of government, but you get my point I’m sure.

19 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

How true.

there were too many cooks etc and some have been ..ahem.. asked to leave the kitchen I understand. It was about time.

But well done to those now middle managers that DA was so determined to get rid of only a couple of years ago reflecting how little he knew about the Department he was supposedly in charge of. 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Major Rushen said:

Just won £10 that you would respond as you did!

I won £50 that you would be on with previous post and you would pretend it was genuine 😀

Edited by Banker
18 minutes ago, John Wright said:

My prediction is that they’ll reduce throughput to 350-500 per day over the next 17 weeks due to supply logistics.

see post on other thread with numbers

I would rather pay for folk to stand around waiting for the jabs to arrive than for the vaccines to sit in storage unused and not in people's arms (but obviously not those that are for second doses of course, they're reserved).

We're going to get caught with our pants down (metaphorically of course!) when the rest of the UK will be in the throes of opening up. Once folk get used to being able to walk away from their homes in the morning without the thought of having to return pronto, then any coercion by or from the police will met with disobedience. Once that happens in UK (some might say it already has) then IOMG will be on very dodgy ground for arresting and locking people up. 

I'm sure this is something that the Chief Constable and the AG have already started to address.

But you are right..... transparency is everything right now. And as COMIN have lost the information war they are in danger of losing hearts and minds completely. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Uhtred said:

I suspect you’ve misunderstood the procedure! 

I wondered why I was asked to sit down and not 'assume the position'.  

Seriously, it was smooth, efficient and fuss-free. Top marks to the people down there.  

As for the internal set up, it was pretty basic, apart from a partition and the cubicles, the main cost, I suspect, was the flooring, but you could imagine that what was left after the shop was vacated would have been pretty unusable. So it certainly didn't look over-speced to me.