Vaccine- who will have it?

3 minutes ago, Gladys said:

I wondered why I was asked to sit down and not 'assume the position'.  

Seriously, it was smooth, efficient and fuss-free. Top marks to the people down there.  

As for the internal set up, it was pretty basic, apart from a partition and the cubicles, the main cost, I suspect, was the flooring, but you could imagine that what was left after the shop was vacated would have been pretty unusable. So it certainly didn't look over-speced to me.   

All good news - and no need to ‘open wide’. Result! When you have your second shot just be aware of how you’re feeling - I was ok, just a little under the weather, but one neighbour and one friend felt rough as hell for 36 hours.

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It was quite revealing when at one of the briefings last week he spent quite a while explaining how the IOM's clinicians had debated whether to extend the period between doses, and it was a consensus

Who is talking about setting up in a cowshed?  There are plenty of nice, warm venues large enough to do this on the IOM without OTT adaptations.  

Always something to moan about.  Can’t you just be grateful that you live here and not, virtually, anywhere else in the world.  Last time I looked the UK/CI/IOM were streets ahead of the rest of the w

Posted Images

Looking at the numbers coming from the UK it seems the vaccine is really having an impact. Scotland today had 700 positive tests but that was only 2.3% of all tests the lowest it has been for some time, hospital admissions are crashing as well so hopefully there may be light at the end of the tunnel.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

All good news - and no need to ‘open wide’. Result! When you have your second shot just be aware of how you’re feeling - I was ok, just a little under the weather, but one neighbour and one friend felt rough as hell for 36 hours.

This isn't communicated as well as it should be.  If people do suffer side-effects it is more likely to be on the second shot rather than the first.  People tend to assume that if the first one goes OK, then the second will be no trouble, but the second is where side-effects seem more likely.  There seems to be more evidence for the Pfizer (and Moderna) vaccines with this, but that may just because the US is better at monitoring such things.

This reaction isn't a bad sign because it shows that the vaccine is working, but in itself it emphasises the need for that second jab because that is what provides the long-term protection.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, immortalpuppet said:

Anecdotally, people are feeling a bit unwell for a day or so after the first AZ jab whereas its the second Pf jab that seems to make people sick with that vaccine.

Our family concur.

I've had AZ1 and had no side effects other than a bit of a dead arm feeling

Mrs B has had 2 Pfifezers and reported a "heavy arm" after 1 but as yet nothing additional after 2.

Looks like the side effects vary from person to person, as you would expect.

Edited by piebaps
poor spelling
  • Like 2

Can’t believe how many of you have been jabbed.

That would give a bit of an indication of the average age on here.

I am guessing well north of 50 which might explain the difference between some of the opinions expressed here and what I here in day to day life.

29 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Can’t believe how many of you have been jabbed.

That would give a bit of an indication of the average age on here.

I am guessing well north of 50 which might explain the difference between some of the opinions expressed here and what I here in day to day life.

Soz trmpy "nojabs" aren't permitted on this thread.:D

• Haha 1
23 minutes ago, snowman said:

Where do you think? Where do our passports come from? Why would we develop our own? There isn’t an international standard yet.

5 minutes ago, Major Rushen said:

Any data yet on vaccinated people contracting Covid and if they have transmitted it to anyone else?

Very little so far worldwide. Have a google yourself.