Vaccine- who will have it?

59 minutes ago, Cambon said:

No. I registered online about the same time as Banker, got a call back 26 hours later and an appointment early April. 

Ditto here.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Who is talking about setting up in a cowshed?  There are plenty of nice, warm venues large enough to do this on the IOM without OTT adaptations.  

It was quite revealing when at one of the briefings last week he spent quite a while explaining how the IOM's clinicians had debated whether to extend the period between doses, and it was a consensus

Always something to moan about.  Can’t you just be grateful that you live here and not, virtually, anywhere else in the world.  Last time I looked the UK/CI/IOM were streets ahead of the rest of the w

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Ditto here.

We registered on Thursday. Got a call yesterday, jabs on Wednesday. Well 😃 happy. I have a mate who works in Poland. A quick chat with him puts in context how really really lucky we are. 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Albert Tatlock said:

If they banned smoking in pubs they should definitely ban covid in pubs too.

Well anyone venturing into that shithole The Rovers is in far greater disease danger than they were before they went in that's for sure. Nothing to do with covid either.

It would be commercial suicide for pubs and restaurants to ban people without a covid vaccination. 

50 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

It would be commercial suicide for pubs and restaurants to ban people without a covid vaccination. 

It was commercial suicide to ban smoking...but it still happened. 

2 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Not really...perfect analogy in my book.

How?

The government banned smoking inside in all public areas.  Government.   

You would never have seen a pub, on it's own, ban smoking.  For exactly the reason I said. Commercial suicide.

There is zero chance government would do the same for covid.  Which leaves it down to business choice.  Not happening.

5 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

How?

You would never have seen a pub, on it's own, ban smoking.  For exactly the reason I said. Commercial suicide.

There is zero chance government would do the same for covid.  Which leaves it down to business choice.  Not happening.

Business interruption and public liability insurance may have a say.

3 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

How?

Easy.

Smoking...people didn't want people in pubs to emit nasty chemicals that kill them.

Covid...people don't want people in pubs to emit nasty viruses that kill them.

Level playing field...so all pubs have choice taken away from them.

So a perfect analogy.

3 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Business interruption and public liability insurance may have a say.

There won't ever be a position where someone can litigate a pub or shop etc because they think the caught a virus there. I can't see how any public liability insurance issue would present itself?

Business interruption aspects of insurance are really going to be about national lockdowns rather than your shop closing in isolation.  Insurance companies will simply price that in.  As they do with any risk.  Or, they'll give an option to exclude it.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Easy.

Smoking...people didn't want people in pubs to emit nasty chemicals that kill them.

Covid...people don't want people in pubs to emit nasty viruses that kill them.

Level playing field...so all pubs have choice taken away from them.

So a perfect analogy.

You're delusional if you think a national ban will arise on being inside a public space without a vaccination.

3 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

You're delusional if you think a national ban will arise on being inside a public space without a vaccination.

I can see it coming in for around the first 6 months of trying to get back to 'normality'.

Boris is taking it seriously.

2 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

I can see it coming in for around the first 6 months of trying to get back to 'normality'.

Boris is taking it seriously.

Boris is an idiot making soundbites.to pacify the nutters.  Imagine telling retail shops "oh yeh, you can open again. Just not allowed anyone in unless they're vaccinated" .  Immediately taking families out of the high street.

1 minute ago, TerryFuchwit said:

Boris is an idiot making soundbites.to pacify the nutters.  Imagine telling retail shops "oh yeh, you can open again. Just not allowed anyone in unless they're vaccinated" .  Immediately taking families out of the high street.

Better 6 months of that than another 2 years of lockdowns and numerous uncontrollable variants arising.