Jump to content

Vaccine- who will have it?


Recommended Posts

Just now, piebaps said:

Anaphalxis reaction he said. 

He had Parliamentary privilege but was essentially disclosing patient data which he has previously said can't be disclosed.

I see that the comment about the Crown Indemnity has now been removed from MR report. Which doesn't surprise me because when I read it I thought how fucking insensitive it was to even mention it!

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Who is talking about setting up in a cowshed?  There are plenty of nice, warm venues large enough to do this on the IOM without OTT adaptations.  

It was quite revealing when at one of the briefings last week he spent quite a while explaining how the IOM's clinicians had debated whether to extend the period between doses, and it was a consensus

Always something to moan about.  Can’t you just be grateful that you live here and not, virtually, anywhere else in the world.  Last time I looked the UK/CI/IOM were streets ahead of the rest of the w

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

Sad news indeed, I know they will want to reassure the public about having vaccinations and that the risk of adverse reaction is low, but I really hope they don’t try to gloss over this, equally how horrible for the nurse who injected what turned out to be a lethal injection, I hope they are getting the support required.

I wonder if disregarding manufacturers' instructions will void any liability on their part

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

I see that the comment about the Crown Indemnity has now been removed from MR report. Which doesn't surprise me because when I read it I thought how fucking insensitive it was to even mention it!

It was insensitive and likely incorrect

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

Sad news indeed, I know they will want to reassure the public about having vaccinations and that the risk of adverse reaction is low, but I really hope they don’t try to gloss over this, equally how horrible for the nurse who injected what turned out to be a lethal injection, I hope they are getting the support required.

They may not know.  It isn't clear if this happened immediately at the hub or at a later point at home?

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, piebaps said:

Anaphalxis reaction he said. 

He had Parliamentary privilege but was essentially disclosing patient data which he has previously said can't be disclosed.

A friend of mine in the UK had a similar reaction but she was lucky to survive following some treatment as the onset was slow enough to treat

It feels incorrect to also draw attention to the "it could be related to another health condition" caveat that was fought against so much when discussing Covid deaths last year

Ultimately it is a potential side effect of medication and none of that makes the loss to the family any easier to bear

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

I see that the comment about the Crown Indemnity has now been removed from MR report. Which doesn't surprise me because when I read it I thought how fucking insensitive it was to even mention it!

Wait and see if its "Loweyed" out of Hansard:D

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Rhumsaa said:

A friend of mine in the UK had a similar reaction but she was lucky to survive following some treatment as the onset was slow enough to treat

It feels incorrect to also draw attention to the "it could be related to another health condition" caveat that was fought against so much when discussing Covid deaths last year

Ultimately it is a potential side effect of medication and none of that makes the loss to the family any easier to bear

Indeed. I recall a friend discovering he had a severe allergic reaction to chillies....................while taking part in a chilli eating race!! Luckily we were at an event where paramedics were present and he got the treatment he needed and is still with us. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Dr. Grumpy said:

It was insensitive and likely incorrect

I see that MR have now inserted the audio from the sitting and he was responding to a question from Ms. Edge. That in itself was probably not necessary but could have been dealt with out of court at this stage... unless Ms. Edge required the answer on behalf of a constituent involved in the case? If not, then it would seem a little crass and insensitive to force the issue. No doubt she'll be along at some point to inform us why the question was necessary.   

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

I see that MR have now inserted the audio from the sitting and he was responding to a question from Ms. Edge. That in itself was probably not necessary but could have been dealt with out of court at this stage... unless Ms. Edge required the answer on behalf of a constituent involved in the case? If not, then it would seem a little crass and insensitive to force the issue. No doubt she'll be along at some point to inform us why the question was necessary.   

Do we know what the question was?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

I see that MR have now inserted the audio from the sitting and he was responding to a question from Ms. Edge. That in itself was probably not necessary but could have been dealt with out of court at this stage... unless Ms. Edge required the answer on behalf of a constituent involved in the case? If not, then it would seem a little crass and insensitive to force the issue. No doubt she'll be along at some point to inform us why the question was necessary.   

A necessary question? That'll be a first.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...