Jump to content

Vaccine- who will have it?


Banker
 Share

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

I was looking more at the increase, the point is that because they cranked up the programme so much from 8 March there has to be a corresponding increase now.  16,878 first doses were given in the three weeks from 8 March, but only 5966 second ones.

So they have to hit 5626 a week for 3 weeks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

So they have to hit 5626 a week for 3 weeks

Hope Ashie is ready to accelerate as UK are!!

Boris Johnson says the government will accelerate remaining second doses to the over 50s and those who are vulnerable in England so they are eight weeks apart.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

It was stated on the radio by Ashford that the IOMG are discussing using the app for IOM residents. 

For those in the England this functionality works now

Edited by snowman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Banker said:

Still waiting to hear if IOM are following UK in giving second vaccinations after 8 weeks for over 50s 

Not sure it’s needed or practical.

Have we got enough doses to do the acceleration?

Theres 40,000 people already got their second dates who will have to be contacted and changed. Sounds like a waste of resources.

they’d have to do the existing 16,000-20,000 due in the next 3-4 weeks and accelerate the 10,000 due in weeks 4-8, to fully accelerate the 10,000-15,000 due in weeks 8-12.

Over 50’s and vulnerable are due to have second doses in next 3 weeks anyway. All over 70’s and clinically vulnerable should get second doses within next 7-10 day anyway

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, John Wright said:

Not sure it’s needed or practical.

Have we got enough doses to do the acceleration?

Theres 40,000 people already got their second dates who will have to be contacted and changed. Sounds like a waste of resources.

they’d have to do the existing 16,000-20,000 due in the next 3-4 weeks and accelerate the 10,000 due in weeks 4-8, to fully accelerate the 10,000-15,000 due in weeks 8-12.

Well the logistics for the UK must be bigger with millions involved, some update needed from Ashie though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Banker said:

Well the logistics for the UK must be bigger with millions involved, some update needed from Ashie though.

They’ve more resources and they aren’t as far on as we are with seconds. We are almost there. As i point out the over 50’s will be second dosed in May and possibly first week June anyway

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, John Wright said:

They’ve more resources and they aren’t as far on as we are with seconds. We are almost there. As i point out the over 50’s will be second dosed in May and possibly first week June anyway

Well I’m 60 and not due until 19/06 so I don’t think over 50s will be done that quickly 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Banker said:

Well I’m 60 and not due until 19/06 so I don’t think over 50s will be done that quickly 

Was your first dose delayed? 
 

We don’t have enough vaccine in hand to cover the appointments for the next two weeks for the second doses for 70+, 65+ and clinically extremely vulnerable. We’ve done everyone 20+ first dose who wanted. UK are still in the 30’s & 40’s. 

UK are accelerating 50+ by slowing delivery of dose 1 to 20+. We haven’t got that ability. They’re robbing Pete to pay Paul. In IOM Pete has already spent his dose and can’t be robbed. 

Now do you understand?

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, John Wright said:

They’ve more resources and they aren’t as far on as we are with seconds. We are almost there. As i point out the over 50’s will be second dosed in May and possibly first week June anyway

I'm 59. Second dose not until 20th june:sweat:

Registered within 2mins of letter hitting the doormat and took first booking available. We are not quite as far on as you think. End of June for all o50's not May. I suspect that's why end June is looking like open the 'boarders' date.

I'd take my second jab tomorrow if I could.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, John Wright said:

They’ve more resources and they aren’t as far on as we are with seconds. We are almost there. As i point out the over 50’s will be second dosed in May and possibly first week June anyway

End of June is the current trajectory for the 50 plus

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...