Jump to content

Vaccine- who will have it?


Banker
 Share

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

That's not strictly true. There are quite a few adults that can't have a vaccine. They aren't anti vaxxers, though that seems to be how they are categorised.

That’s true of every vaccination programme. And that’s the beauty of vaccination where the delivery to a population is high, as here, those who can’t, won’t, forget, etc.  Or those for whom the vaccination delivers less than optimal immunity/protection, do achieve a high degree of protection because of the community protection from spread.

I wouldn’t categorise someone for whom vaccination is contra indicated as an ant-vaxxer. Fortunately they are rare. I’m immuno-compromised. I’m now waiting to be tested to see if I’ve developed anti bodies.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

That’s true of every vaccination programme. And that’s the beauty of vaccination where the delivery to a population is high, as here, those who can’t, won’t, forget, etc.  Or those for whom the vaccination delivers less than optimal immunity/protection, do achieve a high degree of protection because of the community protection from spread.

I wouldn’t categorise someone for whom vaccination is contra indicated as an ant-vaxxer. Fortunately they are rare. I’m immuno-compromised. I’m now waiting to be tested to see if I’ve developed anti bodies.

I wish you good luck with your anti body tests john,  and i hadn't really thought of it from that way around, but i was more sort of thinking in terms of those with overactive immune systems. I know of 3 that can't have any of the jabs. Roughest of the rough back of a fag packet i extrapolate out that to quite a few hundred people

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

I wish you good luck with your anti body tests john,  and i hadn't really thought of it from that way around, but i was more sort of thinking in terms of those with overactive immune systems. I know of 3 that can't have any of the jabs. Roughest of the rough back of a fag packet i extrapolate out that to quite a few hundred people

Thank you. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Banker said:

Guernsey also having problems with vaccinations passport for travel, hopefully Ashie will give update on progress soon 

https://guernseypress.com/news/2021/06/04/travellers-face-being-turned-away-by-airlines/

What "progress" should "Ashie" be updating? There shouldn't be any progress given it's a stupid idea.

The UK government have even stated the NHS card is worth Jack Shit as far as they are concerned.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

What "progress" should "Ashie" be updating? There shouldn't be any progress given it's a stupid idea.

The UK government have even stated the NHS card is worth Jack Shit as far as they are concerned.

Yes but it's not really their decision, it's what airlines and entry officials[1] will accept.  In the case there the problem is clearly that easyJet want to see a particular format of document.  So it will an advantage for Guernsey (and us) to produce something in a format the airline will accept.  As the vaccination information is accessible by the UK NHS there shouldn't be much of a problem.

It should be the sort of thing that can be solved by direct contact between fairly low-level, slightly techie staff in the various governments contact each other to thrash out the details.  Of course it won't be here, because six extra levels of managers will insist on getting involved to show how important they are and it will take forever and not work.

 

[1]  In these circumstances airlines tend to act as gatekeepers for arrival countries, so if they let you on you'll probably be OK.  Because they don't want to have to take you straight back on the return flight, so if anything they'll be stricter.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Yes but it's not really their decision, it's what airlines and entry officials[1] will accept.  In the case there the problem is clearly that easyJet want to see a particular format of document.  So it will an advantage for Guernsey (and us) to produce something in a format the airline will accept.  As the vaccination information is accessible by the UK NHS there shouldn't be much of a problem.

It should be the sort of thing that can be solved by direct contact between fairly low-level, slightly techie staff in the various governments contact each other to thrash out the details.  Of course it won't be here, because six extra levels of managers will insist on getting involved to show how important they are and it will take forever and not work.

 

[1]  In these circumstances airlines tend to act as gatekeepers for arrival countries, so if they let you on you'll probably be OK.  Because they don't want to have to take you straight back on the return flight, so if anything they'll be stricter.

Exactly right, it’s not a question of whether they are a stupid idea or we should refuse to be dictated to but they will become a necessity for anyone wanting to travel for several years. No vaccinations passport either no boarding or pay for an expensive PCR test both ways.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Banker said:

 No vaccinations passport either no boarding or pay for an expensive PCR test both ways.

We probably should get away from the idea of 'a' vaccination passport that will be universally acceptable.  I just can't see that happening any time soon - things are too fluid, too contentious and too many countries will use them for political ends.  But we should be doing our best to become part of whatever procedures and protocols the UK manages to get to work. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Banker said:

Exactly right, it’s not a question of whether they are a stupid idea or we should refuse to be dictated to but they will become a necessity for anyone wanting to travel for several years. No vaccinations passport either no boarding or pay for an expensive PCR test both ways.

 

9 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

We probably should get away from the idea of 'a' vaccination passport that will be universally acceptable.  I just can't see that happening any time soon - things are too fluid, too contentious and too many countries will use them for political ends.  But we should be doing our best to become part of whatever procedures and protocols the UK manages to get to work. 

It’s my understanding that the data from which the passport is generated on the NHS App is separate from the GP vaccination record, which also records the fact of vaccination.

Unfortunately IOM isn’t using that separate data base, so our info isn’t currently able to upload to the passport section.. 

It’s a typical mess of different systems not talking to one another.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Banker said:

If anyone has s planning to go to France, you can now enter from 9th as long as you can show fully vaccinated and negative antigen test.

And quarantine on your return...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, P.K. said:

And quarantine on your return...

Yes at present but post was to show that France are allowing entry if fully vaccinated which would show on NHS app if it worked here

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not sure if this has been mentioned before. Is the NHS app different from the patient access as the latter shows my vaccination status. Would this be an acceptable record for travel?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, DragonS said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned before. Is the NHS app different from the patient access as the latter shows my vaccination status. Would this be an acceptable record for travel?

Patient Access gets most of its data from the NHS App. The vaccinations will show in the vaccination record section of both.

However, the passport is in a separate section on the NHS App, to which IOM vaccinations currently don’t get uplifted.

To answer your second question, not internationally. No.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...