Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

4 hours ago, Gladys said:

Are there any figures on what our total allocation of vax to date may be?  Not what we gave drawn down, but what our entitlement is.  It would be interesting to see those figures, then we can see if we are not only stockpiling vax here but also leaving a large amount in the UK. 

No real way of telling because you'd need to know what the UK stock was and the rules for allocation.  You can try to reverse engineer it a bit, but there's no real certainty.

4 hours ago, Happier diner said:

No but you can work it out. @John Wright and/or @Roger Mexico and masters with this. I don't have the attention span to try and work it out 

Unfortunately we can’t as UK publishes no figures as to what it has received or allocated out to devolved jurisdictions, crown dependencies or over seas territories.

Seem to be about 800 - 900 a day going out this week.

Hardly breakneck resumption is it?

cannot get my head around the lack of urgency.  If nothing else you would think they would want to be getting loads done this week just to take some of the pressure off the fact that they had a two week break and to show people they mean business and are pulling out all the stops.

55 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

No real way of telling because you'd need to know what the UK stock was and the rules for allocation.  You can try to reverse engineer it a bit, but there's no real certainty.

25 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Unfortunately we can’t as UK publishes no figures as to what it has received or allocated out to devolved jurisdictions, crown dependencies or over seas territories.

I understand

I guess I was thinking along the lines of what Roger Mexico says. Reverse engineer it. But I thought about doing this and then thoughts its a lot of thinking for minimum reward. Best just to look at what we actually use as this seems to aggregate anyway

10 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Seem to be about 800 - 900 a day going out this week.

Hardly breakneck resumption is it?

cannot get my head around the lack of urgency.  If nothing else you would think they would want to be getting loads done this week just to take some of the pressure off the fact that they had a two week break and to show people they mean business and are pulling out all the stops.

The numbers and dates were all preordained 12 weeks ago when dose 1 & 2 dates were fixed. The idea was one call, no chasing and having to recall. Should save time, money, resources. In practice it’s been inflexible.

2 hours ago, John Wright said:

Don't we know the % entitlement and Don't the UK publish how many doses they have received? 

Perhaps it is a question for some journo to ask.

2 hours ago, John Wright said:

The numbers and dates were all preordained 12 weeks ago when dose 1 & 2 dates were fixed. The idea was one call, no chasing and having to recall. Should save time, money, resources. In practice it’s been inflexible.

I got a text reminder for my second jab yesterday, so they are reminding people. 

• Like 1

Just now, Gladys said:

1. Don't we know the % entitlement and

2. Don't the UK publish how many doses they have received? 

Perhaps it is a question for some journo to ask.

1. Yes, sort of, but as Gibraltar, Falklands, St Helena and Wales have indicated, allocation and delivery can be accelerated.

2. UK don’t publish an in stock figure. Just how many they’ve committed to buy and how many they’ve pumped into arms

• Thanks 1

When did the requirement to confirm your second jab appointment by replying to an email start?.

Not surprisingly it states acceptance must be received by them 36 hours before appointment yet the email only sent this afternoon for a second jab appointment tomorrow.