Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

4 hours ago, trmpton said:

Seem to be about 800 - 900 a day going out this week.

Hardly breakneck resumption is it?

cannot get my head around the lack of urgency.  If nothing else you would think they would want to be getting loads done this week just to take some of the pressure off the fact that they had a two week break and to show people they mean business and are pulling out all the stops.

1001 on Monday. 186 Tuesday. It’s painful.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

1001 on Monday. 186 Tuesday. It’s painful.

I make it 845 Monday and 314 Tuesday (which admittedly is even less in total).  Monday was almost entirely first jab Moderna (they have now got the name of the dashboard) while Tuesday was mostly first dose AZ.  There's 6232 booked in the seven days after though, all but 14 seconds.

2 hours ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

When did the requirement to confirm your second jab appointment by replying to an email start?.

Not surprisingly it states acceptance must be received by them 36 hours before appointment yet the email only sent this afternoon for a second jab appointment tomorrow.

Seriously?  They are now sending out emails to confirm your jab, but still claim they couldn't have moved them forward!  It would be hilarious if it wasn't actually really quite important

• Like 4

1 hour ago, trmpton said:

Seriously?  They are now sending out emails to confirm your jab, but still claim they couldn't have moved them forward!  It would be hilarious if it wasn't actually really quite important

The problem I see is that they have not, as far as I am aware, made any announcement that they are doing this for the second jab (first yes) so if you do not for some reason receive the email and are not expecting one and confirm your attendance at least 36 hours before then it states your appointment will be cancelled.

And they sending this out to some 24 hours before their appointment.

21 minutes ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

The problem I see is that they have not, as far as I am aware, made any announcement that they are doing this for the second jab (first yes) so if you do not for some reason receive the email and are not expecting one and confirm your attendance at least 36 hours before then it states your appointment will be cancelled.

And they sending this out to some 24 hours before their appointment.

Mine didn't (it was an email not text as I said above, got it confused with the text reminder for tomorrow's recycling 😀),  it just lists the date and time and various do's and don't's.  

3 hours ago, The Old Git said:

Ours didn’t have a confirm link either. Checked with three others, all AZ at Chester St, and no confirm link. The only one with a confirm link it AZ at the airport 

9 hours ago, Gladys said:

Mine didn't (it was an email not text as I said above, got it confused with the text reminder for tomorrow's recycling 😀),  it just lists the date and time and various do's and don't's.  

Strange, the two I have seen state at the top ‘please confirm your booking’ and have the details of the first jab in March and the one this week.Both are for Chester Street

One never got an email after making the appointments in March but the other did so it is not due to that.

Must be the usual IT system error.

I will see which one I get in the next few days for the airport.

Edited by ellanvannin2010

6 hours ago, The Old Git said:

Ours didn’t have a confirm link either. Checked with three others, all AZ at Chester St, and no confirm link. The only one with a confirm link it AZ at the airport 

Are they actually still doing any at the Airport?  They seem to have taken down that tent thing, though there are still some signs up.

(Now 20,000 in stock by the way.  Whether it's just become available of whether they have drawn more down, I don't know)

8 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Are they actually still doing any at the Airport?  They seem to have taken down that tent thing, though there are still some signs up.

(Now 20,000 in stock by the way.  Whether it's just become available of whether they have drawn more down, I don't know)

I will tell you after Sunday when I am supposed to have mine at the airport

10 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

I think they continue until Tynwald day weekend as the last one for the airport. 

It was 17,000 on Sunday. They’ve done 1,200, approx, since. So we’ve had 4,000 delivered.  I always said stock numbers would soar at the end of the hiatus as we’d been secretly hoarding in England and not drawing down allocation. I’m now waiting for the trumpeting of how well they’ve done getting all the extra doses.

In England pfizer supplies are reduced for the next 2 weeks, with allocations way down.

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, John Wright said:

I think last weekend was the last one for the airport. 

It was 17,000 on Sunday. They’ve done 1,200, approx, since. So we’ve had 4,000 delivered.  I always said stock numbers would soar at the end of the hiatus as we’d been secretly hoarding in England and not drawing down allocation. I’m now waiting for the trumpeting of how well they’ve done getting all the extra doses.

In England pfizer supplies are reduced for the next 2 weeks, with allocations way down.

From this press release it is still in use up to second week in July

03/06/2021

More than 2,000 vaccination appointments at the end of the current vaccination programme are to be moved from the airport hub to the Chester Street hub in Douglas.

With the Island moving to living in a world with COVID-19 and border restrictions set to be reduced, there will be increasing traffic throughout the airport so plans are in place to start scaling down the use of the vaccination hub as the airport returns to its primary function.

As a result, the last two weekends in July of booked appointments will now be held at the Chester Street hub in Douglas. The change in location of appointments will be for individuals who are already booked in to receive their second dose vaccines on Saturday 10 and Sunday 11 July, and Saturday 17 and Sunday 18 July.

All appointments will be at the exact same time as originally booked for these dates, with individuals being asked to attend the Chester Street hub.

David Ashford MHK, Minister for Health and Social Care said:

“Since the temporary airport hub opened at the end of January, over 26,000 vaccinations have been administered which is down to the amazing team at the hub. The changes with the borders will result in the airport seeing increased traffic, meaning that the throughput at the hub will need to be reduced. It will remain possible to continue with the site as a smaller hub in the future if required.”

He added:

“With nearly 40% of the adult population having received both doses so far, by the end of July we will be at a point where the remaining appointments in stage one of the programme can be completed at Chester Street.”  

The Island’s vaccination programme is currently focusing on delivering second doses, however there is still time to register for the first jab by visiting gov.im/covidvaccine.

Plans are being prepared currently in relation to stage two of the vaccination programme which is intended to run from September to December. Further details will be available in the coming months as the Joint Committee for Vaccinations and Immunisations in the UK make their recommendations.