Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

1 hour ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

For younger people awaiting their second jabs, there are a number of places around Greater Manchester offering second doses 3-4 weeks after your first dose, to whoever turns up.

Does your second dose get added to your Manx GP record if you get it in the UK? As that may be an option if so.

There are places up and down the uK doing this, because it isn’t actually that hard to organise.

1 hour ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

For younger people awaiting their second jabs, there are a number of places around Greater Manchester offering second doses 3-4 weeks after your first dose, to whoever turns up.

Does your second dose get added to your Manx GP record if you get it in the UK? As that may be an option if so.

46 minutes ago, trmpton said:

There are places up and down the uK doing this, because it isn’t actually that hard to organise.

It’ll appear on both Patient Access and NHS App under immunisations, as part of your record if you give your NHS number and Manx GP practice.

Whether the system will then put two and two together and connect the English data set and the Manx data set, which are uploaded separately, conclude you’ve been jabbed twice, and generate the QR vaccination certificate, we will only find out in due course.

There are young pregnant mothers out there who have registered for their jabs but are waiting until after their child has been born before actually having the jab. They are not allowed to book dates so far in advance and are now being told that there may not be any vaccine left by then and may miss out. This is because stocks are ordered in advance and depending on what vaccine is ordered there needs to be a sufficient number of recipients to make it cost effective and avoid wastage.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

It’ll appear on both Patient Access and NHS App under immunisations, as part of your record if you give your NHS number and Manx GP practice.

Whether the system will then put two and two together and connect the English data set and the Manx data set, which are uploaded separately, conclude you’ve been jabbed twice, and generate the QR vaccination certificate, we will only find out in due course.

It does not it would seem. If you get vac one in the Isle of Man and vac 2 in the UK ( England or Scotland as it seems they operate separately , not sure about Wales ) then you are a bit stuffed as the IOM vac does not go to the NHS app. It pretty much seems to depend on how good the Manx GP practice is at loading vacs. Mine is hopeless in that most of my flu jabs and my 2 year old pneumonia jab are just not recorded. Nor are most of any meds I’ve had. I think it’s a bit hit or miss. Mostly miss.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, John Wright said:

The dashboard shows a phase 1 population of 72,284 aged 18+, so your population estimate may be low and your refusal rate understated. Looks more like 13-14% not first jabbed. 

There is clearly some double counting going on in their "Selected IOM Population" (the figure is actually Phase 1 + Phase 2).  Otherwise there's either been a massive increase in population or King Herod's been busy.  There has to be more than 11,000 under-18s around.

On 6/19/2021 at 8:17 PM, DragonS said:

there may not be any vaccine left by then and may miss out

I wouldn't worry about it, it's obviously a sales pitch to try and convince the unvaccinated to get it.

"You wouldn't want to miss out would you? this is your last chance to get one".

On 6/20/2021 at 1:47 AM, Roger Mexico said:

There is clearly some double counting going on

Lol, if anyone believe's the numbers -  "you wouldn't want to be the only person left to get one would you, everyone else has got one". Watch as they change the totals down the line, some miscalculation or error excuse.

Fauci admits the CDC is 40 - 50 % unvaccinated -

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4963284/user-clip-fauci-admits-50-60-cdc-nih-employees-vaccinated

On 6/20/2021 at 1:47 AM, Roger Mexico said:

There is clearly some double counting going on in their "Selected IOM Population" (the figure is actually Phase 1 + Phase 2).  Otherwise there's either been a massive increase in population or King Herod's been busy.  There has to be more than 11,000 under-18s around.

Under 18’s should be 14,000 approx

2 hours ago, John Wright said:

Under 18’s should be 14,000 approx

A little more than that I think.  There were 13,346 aged 0-14 inc in the 2016 Census and if you estimate 1788 for 18 & 19 year olds and then add on around 725 a year for births it's 15,183.  Of course you would expect the Cabinet Office to be producing such basic demographic information as a matter of routine, it should be used for all sorts of even the most rudimentary planning, but either they don't bother of they keep the results quiet.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Lagman said:

I wouldn't worry about it, it's obviously a sales pitch to try and convince the unvaccinated to get it.

"You wouldn't want to miss out would you? this is your last chance to get one".

Lol, if anyone believe's the numbers -  "you wouldn't want to be the only person left to get one would you, everyone else has got one". Watch as they change the totals down the line, some miscalculation or error excuse.

Fauci admits the CDC is 40 - 50 % unvaccinated -

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4963284/user-clip-fauci-admits-50-60-cdc-nih-employees-vaccinated

So, in other words, half of them already have been vaccinated, which isn't bad going in the scheme of things.

Bear in mind only 45.6% of people are fully vaccinated in the US now, per Google's dashboard. Funnily enough, it's not a million miles out of here, where we've given 33346 second doses.

It's amazing how conspiratorial you can make things sound with the right spin.

2 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

Happy days, got my first letter from the manx nhs on saturday, telling me i was now eligible to register for my first jab which i had 5 weeks ago. Also accompanied by my 5th letter and 4rd text from uk nhs telling me i need to register now.

Save them because they might be worth something one day.....

• Haha 1