Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

1 hour ago, thommo2010 said:

If I'm reading this right and you're more at risk for more severe disease after 2 jabs then what's the point of getting it? 

FB_IMG_1624785979521.jpg

I think her words can be interpreted two ways.

If you are ill and your immune system is not working, it doesn't matter how many jabs you have, you can catch covid 19 and there is a good chance you will be very ill.

A normal healthy person will be very well protected by the 2nd Jab and to a much greater degree that 1 jab or no jab.

Therefore widespread positive cases in the community is dangerous to some people regardless of their vaccination status.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

I think her words can be interpreted two ways.

If you are ill and your immune system is not working, it doesn't matter how many jabs you have, you can catch covid 19 and there is a good chance you will be very ill.

A normal healthy person will be very well protected by the 2nd Jab and to a much greater degree that 1 jab or no jab.

Therefore widespread positive cases in the community is dangerous to some people regardless of their vaccination status.

Yes but those people are simply at risk of catching pretty much anything and it being a problem.

Her tweet looks poorly worded at best and scaremongering at worst.

There seems to be whole load of people shitting themselves about tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

Yes but those people are simply at risk of catching pretty much anything and it being a problem.

Her tweet looks poorly worded at best and scaremongering at worst.

It's from a PHE report that was realised during the Hancock storm on Friday.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/996740/Variants_of_Concern_VOC_Technical_Briefing_17.pdf

17 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

The thing any sensible person should be concerned about is THE CALL

*ring ring*

"Hello, is that TheTeapot? This is the contact tracing team, we've identified you a contact of a known case, you have to stay home for a week and get two tests"

"I'm not ill, have had a jab and need to go to work"

"Here's a direction notice, it's a legal requirement and you can be jailed for ignoring it"

Sigh.

11 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

*ring ring*

"Hello, is that TheTeapot? This is the contact tracing team, we've identified you a contact of a known case, you have to stay home for a week and get two tests"

"Here's a direction notice, it's a legal requirement and you can be jailed for ignoring it"

Sigh.

I suspect that isn't going to happen.

3 hours ago, thommo2010 said:

If I'm reading this right and you're more at risk for more severe disease after 2 jabs then what's the point of getting it? 

FB_IMG_1624785979521.jpg

People aren’t reading the post clearly, I saw a similar kick off over Facebook, but I can see why so many people are finding it misleading. Dr Glover needs to appreciate we don’t all see things as clear cut as she does, she hasn’t done it to make people fearful, only to be mindful, she has after all had 2 jabs herself (or is about to)

In short Dr Glover is saying that if you’ve had 2 jabs you’re less likely to contract the virus, I think it’s roughly a 10% chance of contracting it if double jabbed (or 90% protection which sounds better) however early reports are suggesting with the Delta plus variant if you are unlucky enough to contract it, it’s still likely to cause some serious illness.

This could happen for a number of reasons, it’s highly likely that more than 1 in 10 double jabbed already have a serious illness or weakened immune system, so the data can be easily manipulated to look like it’s related to the vaccine or a certain virus variant, it probably isn’t, but Dr Glover is saying that as it’s not 100% protection, that people should still take care, rather than assume if they’ve had the vaccine they won’t contract it.

Edited by Annoymouse
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

*ring ring*

Sigh.

How are contact tracing going to contact you? I’ve not given my name or number in any of the places I’ve visited over the last 2 weeks, they've already said they won’t be publishing high risk or low risk locations any more, it’s upto people to step forward for testing if they think they have it.

Only if the people who test positive actually give your name or number would you be contacted.

9 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

How are contact tracing going to contact you? I’ve not given my name or number in any of the places I’ve visited over the last 2 weeks, they've already said they won’t be publishing high risk or low risk locations any more, it’s upto people to step forward for testing if they think they have it.

Only if the people who test positive actually give your name or number would you be contacted.

"Contact tracing is taking place after the identification of a positive case..." say the gov.

Stuff like this is going to happen, they aren't just going to open the borders and let it go right now. The next month or so is going to be weird.

Like this:

Edited by TheTeapot

12 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

"Contact tracing is taking place after the identification of a positive case..." say the gov Stuff like this is going to happen, they aren't just going to open the borders and let it go right now. The next month or so is going to be weird.

But have the Albert Hotel been taking contact details for every person who has been in the pub? I would highly doubt it, so even if all the pub staff  were to test positive it’s still upto people to come forward, the government have already said they aren’t releasing locations any more, it’s upto people to step forward if they have symptoms.

Even if contact tracing was actually put into place in every pub/restaurant there is absolutely nothing to stop you giving a fake name/number if you were so inclined.

You might aswell say the virus is already here, people aren’t going to be stepping forward for testing for all the reasons you’ve previously pointed out.

Edited by Annoymouse

I don't know how the CT goes about it's work, I know you don't need to give details to go to the pub (imagine such a stupid world) or wherever.

What I do know is that some form of contact tracing is taking place and that if you get caught up in it you will be told to stay home.

That's all the point that I'm making is, I'm not sure of what point you are making.

Edit to add - take the much lauded island of Jersey, where approx 50 positive cases with none in hospital has led to about 1000 ordered to stay at home. It is this kind of scenario I would like to avoid.

Edited by TheTeapot

We are walking eyes wide shut into a island lockdown via the back door as per the instruction to the Albert above.

We can open up on Monday fine but we need to test and wear face coverings and socially distance until the virus is more controlled and there is far more herd immunity Europe/ world wide.

All business over here are at risk of being shut on a sniffle? The current isolate until your day one test is back is not exactly a huge imposition, takes away a lot of the risk. Wearing masks will reduce that risk of spreading any that get through the net.

What we are doing next week is criminal and I have a horrible feeling its because they cant afford it, didn't Alf moan about test costs last year?

It cant be like that, we need to test arrivals and wear masks, simples.

Edited by Boris Johnson
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

We are walking eyes wide shut into a island lockdown via the back door as per the instruction to the Albert above.

We can open up on Monday fine but we need to test and wear face coverings and socially distance until the virus is more controlled and there is far more herd immunity Europe/ world wide.

All business over here are at risk of being shut on a sniffle? The current isolate until your day one test is back is not exactly a huge imposition, takes away a lot of the risk. Wearing masks will reduce that risk of spreading any that get through the net.

What we are doing next week is criminal and I have a horrible feeling its because they cant afford it, didn't Alf moan about test costs last year?

It cant be like that, we need to test arrivals and wear masks, simples.

i'm not sure why you will be bothered locked in your bunker clutching the 400 packs of toilet rolls you've stockpiled.

• Like 1

Has anyone been able to access an updated vaccine dashboard?

ive tried accessing from my ipad and phone, but it’s stuck on Fridays figures.

Tomorrow or Tuesday we should hit the stage where 2/3rd of people vaccinated will have had two doses.

14335BA5-1F6D-4296-A2A8-687374696FC8.png