Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

That bit of sea helped.... which makes the decision-making easy.

made the control easy rather than the decisions, except for jet ski man, and key workers needing plaster board to fix boilers, and welders to fuck up welding rail etc etc  and steam packet staff we didn't do anything about cos it wasn't malicious,  i doubt miss get off the boat and fill up with petrol was malicious either but no no, jail for her endangering everyone like that

Edited by Pipsqueak

55 minutes ago, wrighty said:

I don’t understand the constant carping and conspiracy theorising regarding vaccine roll out on here.  The usual “we had 14000 doses yesterday, and now there’s only 12999, but we only administered 968 - what aren’t we being told, David Ashford should resign” etc is getting boring.

The facts, as far as I can tell them, is that as a small nation we are in the top 10 in the world, and are ahead of both the UK and our island comparators Jersey.

And while I’m on; lockdowns etc.  The fact, once again, is that over the last 15 months we’ve had it normal (travel excepted) for about 9 of them.  Where else in Europe can say that?

I know there have been mistakes - where hasn’t there been? - and I don’t necessarily subscribe to the view that our government have been exemplars.  But give them a break. They’ve done well, largely due to our island status, border controls, and population density. Nobody had a route map for this. They did ok.

Yes. Fair points mostly. There has been a catch up certainly.

However Re "The facts, as far as I can tell them, is that as a small nation we are in the top 10 in the world, and are ahead of both the UK and our island comparators Jersey"

1. We would have no excuse not to be given no one is more than about 10miles from the centre and most of the population is within about 5 miles. Added to this we are benefitting from the UKs incredible supply of vaccines that they secured, not us.
  2. What's the point in having a vaccination dashboard that is wrong.

50 minutes ago, Pipsqueak said:

made the control easy rather than the decisions, except for jet ski man, and key workers needing plaster board to fix boilers, and welders to fuck up welding rail etc etc  and steam packet staff we didn't do anything about cos it wasn't malicious,  i doubt miss get off the boat and fill up with petrol was malicious either but no no, jail for her endangering everyone like that

They were all pre-vaccine program. Times are different now.

1 hour ago, Happier diner said:
  1. What's the point in having a vaccination dashboard that is wrong.

Perhaps it’s partly because there’s a bit of inconsistency in the volume in the vials - do we get 5 shots or do we get 6 (say it like Clint Eastwood in Dirty Harry) - which can mean the numbers don’t exactly tally at all times of the day. Or there are occasional errors in data entry. Or data entry is by multiple people at slightly different times. 

My point is if one looks at the bigger picture the vaccination programme is being delivered extremely well, thanks to both UK supply and IOM local logistics. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, John Wright said:

Isn’t it more likely to be a function of they gave more first doses of AZ 12 weeks ago to the over 40’s, and they’ve been having second doses, because they were keeping pfizer then for under 40’s, so pfizer round 2 comes next. The moderna presumably has been all dose 1?

There's been 4 second Moderna doses, either people who had their first elsewhere or were being rushed through with the minimum interval, I suppose.  The rest of the second doses are in the usual 40/60 ratio you see at other times .

Actually today's short-notice drop-in suggests it may have been less because of unwillingness to use Pfizer on younger first doses[1] than an attempt to use up their Moderna supply before it went out of date.  Either because they have been hoarding stock for too long or because the stuff they have been sent has been short-dated.

[1]  It's only 11 since the start of June and you suspect those were 'left-overs' from second doses being used up.

2 hours ago, wrighty said:

I don’t understand the constant carping and conspiracy theorising regarding vaccine roll out on here.  The usual “we had 14000 doses yesterday, and now there’s only 12999, but we only administered 968 - what aren’t we being told, David Ashford should resign” etc is getting boring.

The facts, as far as I can tell them, is that as a small nation we are in the top 10 in the world, and are ahead of both the UK and our island comparators Jersey.

And while I’m on; lockdowns etc.  The fact, once again, is that over the last 15 months we’ve had it normal (travel excepted) for about 9 of them.  Where else in Europe can say that?

I know there have been mistakes - where hasn’t there been? - and I don’t necessarily subscribe to the view that our government have been exemplars.  But give them a break. They’ve done well, largely due to our island status, border controls, and population density. Nobody had a route map for this. They did ok.

In relation to the obsession over jabs and numbers available - you have to remember your audience.  Largely pensioners with fuck all better to do than have a mind working overtime on various conspiracies etc.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

In relation to the obsession over jabs and numbers available - you have to remember your audience.  Largely pensioners with fuck all better to do than have a mind working overtime on various conspiracies etc.

Speak for yourself

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, TerryFuchwit said:

Leave Manx Furums contributors out of it! 

• Haha 1

This is a re-post from the 'IOM Covid removing restrictions' thread because of the relevance also to this thread's topic:

Am I in a miniscule minority who thinks very contemptuously about our DHSC Minister?

Top World Class Qualified Pandemic Expert David Ashford MBE's Press Release last Friday said that there was no need for anyone here to be concerned about the three Astra Zeneca Batches which have been banned by Malta and others as they are not yet EU approved. He specifically said that no-one has any reason to worry as none of those three batches had been received in the Isle of Man. See: https://covid19.gov.im/news-releases-statements/no-covishield-vaccines-administered-in-the-isle-of-man/

I quote ''Minister for Health and Social Care, David Ashford MHK, said: ''As no Covishield branded vaccines have been administered here in the Isle of Man, there is no need for the public to be concerned about any EU travel implications.''

He surely knew, and he certainly ought to have known, his facts properly about this and he was quite simply and obviously completely misleading and wrong. There were in fact OVER FIVE MILLION DOSES of vaccine received by the UK which bear these batch nos. As the island gets 0.13% of all vaccine doses received by the UK then the IOM will have received and used around 6500 doses of those with the same three batch numbers received and administered here. no-one should be in any doubt about that despite 'Doctor' Ashford MBE's unqualified total assurances to the contrary.

There is no suggestion that this vaccine is substandard. The issue is that the EMA has not authorised it because the Indian manufacturers are yet to seek a licence to use it in Europe. That is causing travel problems with some countries already including Malta. 

I feel strongly that Top World Class Qualified Pandemic Expert David Ashford MBE yet again owes everyone a big apology.

Meantime, if you have had one or two Oxford / AstraZeneca jabs and wish to check your vaccination card to see if you had any from the relevant batch numbers which should be written or stamped on the vaccine card you received at your first appointment, the relevant numbers of the affected batches are as follows: 4120Z001 and 4120Z002 and 4120Z003.

I have been astonished throughout these last 16 months at the permanent Teflon coated widespread popularity of Top World Class Qualified Pandemic Expert David Ashford MBE which I consider to be wholly misplaced.

I have no idea why he is so popular in the face of his Great Shredding Incident after seeming to do his very best to discredit and undermine the island's own world class Genomics expert Rachel Glover and  thereafter in that sort of vein. Not to mention also: the long-time lack of testing here, the wholly inadequate testing after they did eventually start to do some testing, the appalling lack of, and much later glacially slow, expensive Genomic Sequencing when our world-class expert Manxwoman Dr Glover consistently offered 24 hour turnarounds and to do so free of charge for many months only to be completely ignored, the obscenity of the needlessly delayed late Vaccine roll-outs from receipt of the first vaccines around mid December until after the DHSC's holidays were over in January, his forced apology to  the House of Keys on 15 April after he gave the House of Keys completely wrong information about a Covid19 vaccine related death, his ridiculous and unique two week ''holiday' pause in June (''they need and deserve a holiday'') despite plenty of volunteer jabbers being available at that ongoing most critical juncture which further endangered the population needlessly while at the same time opening up the borders etc etc etc etc.

Did ''Minister Dr Top Class Pandemic Expert'' Ashford MBE really totally fail to understand that this has been, and remains, a race between vaccinations and infections.....

All absolutely astonishing. The Isle of Man. Where seemingly you can fool almost all of the people all of the time... 

Am I the only one who thinks very contemptuously about our DHSC Minister?

Edited by Cassie2

22 minutes ago, Cassie2 said:

Am I the only one who thinks very contemptuously about our DHSC Minister?

Actually if there's one thing that unites nearly all MF commenters it's a contempt for Ashford - not just on this topic but a range of others.  But we are the people who are paying a bit more attention to what he actually says and does, and many other people aren't.

It's not helped by a local media that is too willing to accept what they are told rather than query whether it is accurate and comprehensive. or try to find out independently what the situation is.  But that tends to be the same in the UK nowadays (with much less excuse than here).  It was noticeable that when I was trying to find out what the situation was with the Indian batches, following on from Ashford nonsensical letter, I ended up only using non-UK sources of information - I couldn't find anything in the UK media that wasn't simply regurgitation of the same incorrect original stories.

• Like 2