Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

9 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Whatever one thinks about the actual people involved aren’t the issues nonetheless valid?

No, not if they're obvious made up lies.

There have been people who have suffered harm from vaccination, this was obviously likely to happen when you inject billions of people multiple times with a substance specifically designed to elicit an immune response. But the exaggerated harms, espoused by obvious cranks, damage those people massively too.

It's like those at the other end of the scale who repeatedly go on about the Long Covid thing. Billions of people infected by a virus, some people will have some significant problems with recovery. The harm Long Covid advocates do is also massive.

Extremists are always wrong.

• Like 5

Quick question which might seem a bit dumb to some.

Do the current LFT's have the ability to recognise all of these different variants?

More especially as we now have to pay for the tests.

My Wife is a carer and has to test quite regularly for her job caring for very much older and more vulnerable people.

Impacts considerably on the pittance she is paid for a 0 hours (non contract) job.

Anyone in the med field know?

1 hour ago, Sentience said:

Do the current LFT's have the ability to recognise all of these different variants?

My Wife is a carer and has to test quite regularly for her job caring for very much older and more vulnerable people.

Impacts considerably on the pittance she is paid for a 0 hours (non contract) job.

To be honest if the care home insists on LFT tests being done then the care home should be paying for them. Nobody else is asking for them anymore. In fact nobody else give a toss so if they’re making her do them I’d say they should be footing the bill not her.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sentience said:

I found this piece from September which suggests that LFTs should work as well as they ever have:

https://www.health.com/do-covid-tests-work-new-variants-7967102

Current variants don't seem to have taken changed much since then.  They're all still derived from Omicron, which the LFTs were designed to pick up.   But LFTs were only ever at their most effective when checking out those who already had possible Covid symptoms, so they're far from infallible anyway.

What I do find concerning is that someone is expected to test regularly as part of the their jobs, but those tests aren't paid for by the employer.

(I also assume she has had her latest Covid-booster, and as important the latest flu vaccine, both of which she will be entitled to).

• Like 1