Vaccine- who will have it?

I cannot understand the governments insistence that the second dose must be given at three weeks. The top uk scientists And doctors together with the  chief medical officers of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland have all  agreed that the second dose can be given within twelve weeks thus allowing protection much quicker for many more people. I fear that it the island persists we will rabidly fall behind the UK in pro rata numbers of people being protected.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Who is talking about setting up in a cowshed?  There are plenty of nice, warm venues large enough to do this on the IOM without OTT adaptations.  

It was quite revealing when at one of the briefings last week he spent quite a while explaining how the IOM's clinicians had debated whether to extend the period between doses, and it was a consensus

Always something to moan about.  Can’t you just be grateful that you live here and not, virtually, anywhere else in the world.  Last time I looked the UK/CI/IOM were streets ahead of the rest of the w

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, Banker said:

Think you will find I was right as usual, when you get called shortly you can let us know!

Can't wait, airport is in walking distance, far easier than going up nobles.

6 minutes ago, Miss Take said:

This is the vaccination email that came through to me. Looks legit but can’t be. 

6A97D8A9-6ED1-4B14-AF8A-D81D476C2A10.png

A4B73140-4F95-4707-A7DD-E06357E6F098.png

9B3C9971-34CA-4036-B3E9-17D41C118318.png

That looks exactly like the legitimate one I’ve got. I suspect your email address is similar to whoever is due their vaccine - you had to read them over the phone so easily done. 

6 minutes ago, wrighty said:

That looks exactly like the legitimate one I’ve got. I suspect your email address is similar to whoever is due their vaccine - you had to read them over the phone so easily done. 

What will they do for those elderly people who don’t have email like my mum & uncle?

1 hour ago, Andy Onchan said:

I wonder if we would get it any quicker if IOMG paid for it? In the big scheme of things 80K odd isn't a huge number and is certainly affordable providing DOI don't spaff any more money on minibuses or any other nice-to-have stuff.

Are we not paying for it just now? 

18 minutes ago, Banker said:

What will they do for those elderly people who don’t have email like my mum & uncle?

It’s confirmation. You get a letter, they ask you to ring. You ring 111, they give you the appointments and confirm by e-mail, text or letter, depending what you have available.

Id guess the josie kelly this is intended for is nurse or care worker ( vaccine at Nobles Ward 20 ). Someone needs to tell 111. Josie on here can’t ring Manx 111.

• Thanks 1
19 minutes ago, Major Rushen said:

Are we not paying for it just now? 

Nope. As I recall Majordomo Ashford confirmed that IOMG is not being charged anything.... at the moment. But I work on the maxim that nothing in life is free so I'm sure we'll pay for it one way or another in the future.

11 minutes ago, John Wright said:

It’s confirmation. You get a letter, they ask you to ring. You ring 111, they give you the appointments and confirm by e-mail, text or letter, depending what you have available.

Id guess the josie kelly this is intended for is nurse or care worker ( vaccine at Nobles Ward 20 ). Someone needs to tell 111. Josie on here can’t ring Manx 111.

Presumably the intended Josie Kelly will turn up anyway - the appointments are given out over the phone - she just won't have had confirmation by email.

1 hour ago, dilligaf said:

Thinking all medical staff will get theirs jabs in ward20 while the bulk of the public will be at the airport. 

Get a bit of cash back for parking charges at Ronaldsway, whereas none at Noble's.  Or is that overly cynical of me?

• Haha 1

Sturgeon puts Scotland into National Lockdown from midnight tonight. Including jetskiers hopefully.

Just now, wrighty said:

Get a bit of cash back for parking charges at Ronaldsway, whereas none at Noble's.  Or is that overly cynical of me?

Airport car park is free at the moment, or at least has been during the pandemic.

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, wrighty said:

Presumably the intended Josie Kelly will turn up anyway - the appointments are given out over the phone - she just won't have had confirmation by email.

More a case of GDPR