Vaccine- who will have it?

7 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

I suggested that a few weeks ago and got shot down in flames.

Pfft.

It’s quite sensible to do your opening day run on hospital/care workers.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Who is talking about setting up in a cowshed?  There are plenty of nice, warm venues large enough to do this on the IOM without OTT adaptations.  

It was quite revealing when at one of the briefings last week he spent quite a while explaining how the IOM's clinicians had debated whether to extend the period between doses, and it was a consensus

Always something to moan about.  Can’t you just be grateful that you live here and not, virtually, anywhere else in the world.  Last time I looked the UK/CI/IOM were streets ahead of the rest of the w

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, jaymann said:

I'm pretty sure it was in the check in hall

They seem to have left a pair of desks near the lift up to departures open for flights and the rest of the hall is now vax booths.

Assume you'll follow the current one way system, in one end - vax - out the other end (hopefully).

It'll be runway success. 

• Haha 3
22 minutes ago, jaymann said:

I'm pretty sure it was in the check in hall

They seem to have left a pair of desks near the lift up to departures open for flights and the rest of the hall is now vax booths.

Assume you'll follow the current one way system, in one end - vax - out the other end (hopefully).

Howie said it was in a hangar alongside airport and outside security fence, unless they’ve changed mind and moved into airport?

4 minutes ago, Banker said:

Howie said it was in a hangar alongside airport and outside security fence, unless they’ve changed mind and moved into airport?

It very much looked like the check in hall. I was shown a video on a mobile device, so I'm not going to wager anything on it.

I can't actually think of any empty hangars though? Hangarage is at a premium - there's a real shortage issue here - and I can't think of there being any outside of the security fence? No issues if I'm wrong though.

Edited by jaymann
7 hours ago, wrighty said:

Presumably the intended Josie Kelly will turn up anyway - the appointments are given out over the phone - she just won't have had confirmation by email.

That’s reassuring, thank you. 

1 hour ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Don't follow the VAC sign at the airport though...it's the code for an airport in Germany.

Is it Ms Reynold's previous tenure.....?

If I had been the !st recipient, with the press there, I'd have gone into a slavering fit just for the fun of it!!!

Does it really matter who was the first? Where they a hero? Isn't just better that they have, finally, got on with it?

Not as though we were first in the GB. is it?

• Haha 2
4 minutes ago, Kopek said:

If I had been the !st recipient, with the press there, I'd have gone into a slavering fit just for the fun of it!!!

Does it really matter who was the first? Where they a hero? Isn't just better that they have, finally, got on with it?

Not as though we were first in the GB. is it?

We've still vaccinated more people than France did in their first day. They can have that little fact for free at the next presser.

9 hours ago, wrighty said:

That looks exactly like the legitimate one I’ve got. I suspect your email address is similar to whoever is due their vaccine - you had to read them over the phone so easily done. 

I’ve found the other me who the email was supposed to go to and she’s now got her confirmation :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

The predictions  a few days ago of it taking up to a year to vaccinate down to the 60yos, then nothing, so far, has indicated a reason to believe that will be surpassed.

The 'promise' in December? was that the 60+ would be done by Sept? Not so now? or do we have to wait for the next Ashford announcement???

Do NHS staff have to be done first??? They have the PPE3 to keep hem safe, we do not, let them continue to use their PPE and those more vulnerable get the jab? Seems more logical?