Vaccine- who will have it?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It was quite revealing when at one of the briefings last week he spent quite a while explaining how the IOM's clinicians had debated whether to extend the period between doses, and it was a consensus

Who is talking about setting up in a cowshed?  There are plenty of nice, warm venues large enough to do this on the IOM without OTT adaptations.  

So it's not a bypass of fact checking that's accelerating this. Usually, vaccine development is a project like any other. Take the Prom for example. You put in an order or request for a bunch of

Posted Images

Bizarrely Minister Ashford has posted on Facebook that all over 80s will be fully vaccinated by end February when it’s fully known that those who have got appointments are not receiving second dose until March so someone appears to giving him wrong information.

• Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, Banker said:

Bizarrely Minister Ashford has posted on Facebook that all over 80s will be fully vaccinated by end February when it’s fully known that those who have got appointments are not receiving second dose until March so someone appears to giving him wrong information.

They should have followed the UK and Jersey and delayed the second dose of the vaccine. We are already seeing the effect of following the manufacturer's 21 day schedule. Over 80's not currently able to get appointments before mid Feb for first dose as the ones who have already had it need their second doses

1 minute ago, Newbie said:

They should have followed the UK and Jersey and delayed the second dose of the vaccine.

What you're saying there is "we should had ignored the results of the safety and efficacy trial, and just conducted our own, live."

It flies in the face of all reason.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

What you're saying there is "we should had ignored the results of the safety and efficacy trial, and just conducted our own, live."

No, what I am saying is that we should have followed the advice of the JCVI. It is all well and good delivering the 2 doses 3 weeks apart, but if that results in an excessive delay for vulnerable people getting their first dose, and therefore being completely unprotected at the time of maximum risk, it is counterproductive.

• Thanks 2
13 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Guernsey have come up with a good compromise, all over 80s will get 2 doses within 21 days with next lot ie over 75s getting doses 6 weeks apart.

We are going to come up with a deliverable plan soon as existing one isn’t working 

Out of desperation people have lost their minds.

What is the point of even carrying out trials of a new vaccine to check how it works if you just completely ignore it? May as well just authorise Sputnik V for use here too ffs. 

2 minutes ago, Banker said:

Guernsey have come up with a good compromise, all over 80s will get 2 doses within 21 days with next lot ie over 75s getting doses 6 weeks apart.

We are going to come up with a deliverable plan soon as existing one isn’t working 

There should certainly be some flexibility in the process. The problem at the moment seems to be that we can't even deliver the 2 doses 3 weeks apart for the over 80's without making them wait 4 weeks for the first one, which at this precise moment, makes a mockery of the whole 3 week thing.

11 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Out of desperation people have lost their minds.

What is the point of even carrying out trials of a new vaccine to check how it works if you just completely ignore it? May as well just authorise Sputnik V for use here too ffs. 

That isn't exactly what has happened. The initial trial did a statistical analysis and showed 52% efficacy of the first jab because 52% fewer people in the injected group caught COVID than in the Placebo group in the 4 weeks following the injection. The JCVI have analysed exactly the same data, and have realised that the vast majority of the cases of COVID in the non-placebo group were in the first 10 days after the injection, when you wouldn't expect it to be working. They then isolated the data for the period of time after the first 10 days and found that the results showed a far higher degree of protection. It is just a different analysis of the same data, so they haven't completely ignored it.

Edited by Newbie

They've 'analysed' the data with massive bias owing to the preposterous situation in the UK and probably significant political pressure They've gone into it looking for a magic solution in my view.

What they're doing is gambling out of desperation, it's a dangerous anti-scientific step that if it backfires will forever damage all future vaccines.

For once in my life I approve of what Ashford said "We will follow the manufacturers guidlines" although I note the other day he added a "for the time being" proviso.

Once again, I hope that I am wrong.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Newbie said:

Personally, if I was looking for advice about vaccinations, I would listen more to the JCVI than David Ashford, but each to their own.

I'd rather listen to the people who designed, made and trialed the vaccine. I've been through this earlier in the thread, given links, quotes like "there is no data" etc.

Each to their own though.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Banker said:

Scottish population is 70 times that of IOM - therefore, the chart showing vaccine delivery to Scotland is shown below amended to show approximate Manx deliveries. 

BD2E3F00-96C1-49B2-A89B-AE3F934E224E.jpeg

Edited by madmanxpilot
Clarity

And low and behold the very thing the IOM vaccination policy was designed to avoid, interruption of supply, has come to pass, with pfizer announcing considerable drop in production for about a month.

• Like 2