Jump to content

Vaccine- who will have it?


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It was quite revealing when at one of the briefings last week he spent quite a while explaining how the IOM's clinicians had debated whether to extend the period between doses, and it was a consensus

Who is talking about setting up in a cowshed?  There are plenty of nice, warm venues large enough to do this on the IOM without OTT adaptations.  

Timeout. You were given a gentle hint earlier. 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Annoymouse said:

They could’ve put a temporary marquee just about anywhere, old bus station site for example would have been ideal, but seeing as it’s been sold I very much doubt they’d want to rent their own land back.

Even more easy, used curtains that could have been washed daily to help prevent any potential spread! 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Even more easy, used curtains that could have been washed daily to help prevent any potential spread! 

I used to think you were spot on with your views and totally respected your viewpoint until recently. Now I am at a loss as to your point of view completely.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

I used to think you were spot on with your views and totally respected your viewpoint until recently. Now I am at a loss as to your point of view completely.

I’m sure he’s devastated coming from someone who is incapable of providing any rationale argument for anything he says. Taking this case in point try explaining yourself instead of just inferring Cambon’s must be an idiot because you don’t agree. 
We’re still waiting for an answer to 2bees BTW regarding your comment that not everything was on the table in the Rachel debate.

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Ok thanks for waiting. Try to work it out yourself. Idiot.

You just have nothing do you. 

Edited by Lewis
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Ok thanks for waiting. Try to work it out yourself. Idiot.

BTW noticed you only ever reply to reasoned posts with inane one liners with little or no rationale. Going for a Manx Henry Youngman or the enigmatic literary critic? 
Actual just vacuous posting for the sake of it. Sad. 
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dilligaf said:

I used to think you were spot on with your views and totally respected your viewpoint until recently. Now I am at a loss as to your point of view completely.

For someone who supposedly doesn’t give a fuck, you don’t half like sharing your opinion on others.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

We have 42 Registered Vets on island.   Vets appear more highly trained that GPs. On the spot without referral elsewhere, they perform Diagnosis, Surgery, Biopsies, Birthing, X-Rays, Prescribing of Medication and INJECTIONS.............. and on all kinds of creatures from Snakes to human like Apes.
Although there ought to be no shortage of Vaccinators, this profession is undoubtedly as good as having your Anti-Covid injection given to you by a top GP or Surgeon.

And why are we spending money on converting buildings when we have underused Churches, Halls and Schools. Large Churches like St Mary's have aisles with loads of space and masses of church bench seating ............. so marshalling seating at a distance and keeping movement one-way ( up one aisle and down another ) is so easy.  With a medication trolley on wheels, the vaccinator could move down the aisle just stopping every few benches to inject the next seated patient. Such large buildings, so much space etc.,

The trouble is in might cost almost NOTHING ............... so our Lords and Masters would miss out on spending LOADS OF TAXPAYERS MONEY.  Well there's no joy in that is there for any MHK ? 

                      ................. ONLY in the Isle of Man

                                         Because we can  ..........   🤣 😂😅

 

 

Edited by Overoptimistic
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Overoptimistic said:

We have 42 Registered Vets on island.   Vets appear more highly trained that GPs. On the spot without referral elsewhere, they perform Diagnosis, Surgery, Biopsies, Birthing, X-Rays, Prescribing of Medication and INJECTIONS.............. and on all kinds of creatures from Snakes to human like Apes.
Although there ought to be no shortage of Vaccinators, this profession is undoubtedly as good as having your Anti-Covid injection given to you by a top GP or Surgeon.

And why are we spending money on converting buildings when we have underused Churches, Halls and Schools. Large Churches like St Mary's have aisles with loads of space and masses of church bench seating ............. so marshalling seating at a distance and keeping movement one-way ( up one aisle and down another ) is so easy.  With a medication trolley on wheels, the vaccinator could move down the aisle just stopping every few benches to inject the next seated patient. Such large buildings, so much space etc.,

The trouble is in might cost almost NOTHING ............... so our Lords and Masters would miss out on spending LOADS OF TAXPAYERS MONEY.  Well there's no joy in that is there for any MHK ? 

                      ................. ONLY in the Isle of Man

                                         Because we can  ..........   🤣 😂😅

 

 

Isn't there an ethical issue with vets treating humans?  If there is, then needs must would indicate a relaxation from the Royal College. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Isn't there an ethical issue with vets treating humans?  If there is, then needs must would indicate a relaxation from the Royal College. 

We'll just get the vets to do Peel, Foxdil and Ronague then....

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Isn't there an ethical issue with vets treating humans?  If there is, then needs must would indicate a relaxation from the Royal College. 

I don't think so. I believe Vets can treat humans but Doctors can not treat animals. That used to be on the basis that humans could give the Vet permission but the animal could not give a doctor permission. I think it is the Veterinary Surgeons Act 1966 that states who can treat animals and it is stricter than rules covering doctors and human. A doctor can carry out surgery on an animal if specifically asked to by a Vet.  

Edited by Lost Login
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...