Jump to content

Vaccine- who will have it?


Banker
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Out of the blue said:

FFS - we are drowning in self imposed paperwork. My UK in-laws have already had both jabs. No fuss.

Somebody will be loving it. We'll need more people to administer and deal with it all. There's potential for a whole new empire here, with the infrastucture now under construction too. Keep an eye on Jobtrain.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Happier diner said:

This is cruel treatment of an age group that is generally susceptible to fear and uncertainty. I agree with John Wright. It's a shambles and someone needs to get it sorted. 

Cruel is the right word.

Well, there is enough of them there but they do have other projects to work on at the same time.....

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mum got her letter today along with the 4 pages of waffle which she didn’t understand, anyway rang 111 and after quickly checking name, dob etc said you will get a letter in next 10 days with appointments.

Obviously after first few hundred calls with lots of old dears calling and trying to pick specific days,times, ask questions about vaccinations etc they no longer engage in talk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Apple said:

Cruel is the right word.

Well, there is enough of them there but they do have other projects to work on at the same time.....

 

Yeah all giving themselves vaccination slots by the look of it. Ahead of the clinically vulnerable and over 80's. 

If I was ever offered one above an O80 I would turn it down whatever my job was.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Banker said:

Mum got her letter today along with the 4 pages of waffle which she didn’t understand, anyway rang 111 and after quickly checking name, dob etc said you will get a letter in next 10 days with appointments.

Obviously after first few hundred calls with lots of old dears calling and trying to pick specific days,times, ask questions about vaccinations etc they no longer engage in talk

Frankly, this log jam was totally predictable. Anyone with an O-level in process design would have foreseen this. As I said dozens of pages ago, these idiots will end up overwhelmed by numerous letters, phone calls, post-it notes and complaints for every single vaccine administered.

There are three outputs required here; Jab 1, Jab 2, An update to your patient record. Anything else is waste, potential points of failure or error, and unnecessary.

Ashford brags how it's all going to 'ramp up' in a few weeks. It is clear that if you have a crap systems (which they clearly have) your processes will just collapse, as volumes and activity increases. Not looking good.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

To be fair Ashford was much better today. He was clear and concise and much less bluff and bluster.

He admitted we were behind but he was overt with the numbers. We are not stupid and don't expect government to administer what they don't have but he has drawn a line in the sand saying that, that will be only thing that holds up progress

And the AZ jabbing has started at last, Hurrah

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

To be fair Ashford was much better today. He was clear and concise and much less bluff and bluster.

He admitted we were behind but he was overt with the numbers. We are not stupid and don't expect government to administer what they don't have but he has drawn a line in the sand saying that, that will be only thing that holds up progress

And the AZ jabbing has started at last, Hurrah

Surprised no one actually asked what stocks we have of each vaccine so it could be established if the roll out could be quicker 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Meanwhile, my ex-brother in law has just received his notification for vaccination.

He hasn't lived on the island for many, many years!!

Yes, the authorities were notified more than once when he went to live across.

Makes one wonder about the population figures too.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...