Living hope church -small pay cuts

33 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

I think largely because no one really cares?

Ha ha, True......except, they’re a charity, all staff are not theologically trained, bar the main leader who has a bog standard degree with no leadership of a church in Ireland prior to taking this role. I suppose that doesn’t matter as long as the sheep are convinced by ‘love bombing’ (yes it’s a thing!) that this is an essential part of life in living together and not having anything to do with the great unwashed.

Amazing how the excessive salaries imho compared to other denominations then be defended and accepted by members. But they probably know if they were to say anything then the whole institution would leave them bereft of any friendship with immediate rebuke and disassociation, and by that stage they’ve cut off other friendships outside of the church.

3 minutes ago, Heffalump said:

Ha ha, True......except, they’re a charity, all staff are not theologically trained, bar the main leader who has a bog standard degree with no leadership of a church in Ireland prior to taking this role. I suppose that doesn’t matter as long as the sheep are convinced by ‘love bombing’ (yes it’s a thing!) that this is an essential part of life in living together and not having anything to do with the great unwashed.

Amazing how the excessive salaries imho compared to other denominations then be defended and accepted by members. But they probably know if they were to say anything then the whole institution would leave them bereft of any friendship with immediate rebuke and disassociation, and by that stage they’ve cut off other friendships outside of the church.

It sounds like you actually believe that too.

35 minutes ago, Heffalump said:

No, but I do believe in Santa if that helps :)

Every little helps, as someone once said.

However, I don't know them or what they stand for (not really interested to be honest), but at least they have published their salaries and expenses in a way that some charities and volunteer groups would probably cringe at.

As for any Government Department doing it......well, heaven forbid!

1 hour ago, Apple said:

However, I don't know them or what they stand for (not really interested to be honest), but at least they have published their salaries and expenses in a way that some charities and volunteer groups would probably cringe at.

Actually as a charity they have to do that as part of their annual accounts (I linked to Hospice's on another thread earlier), at least for Directors and leadership group (as a total).  They don't have to publish them (eg on a website, but they do have to be filed with the AG's Office (I think) and anyone can go there and examine them.  Which is presumably what IOM Newspapers did to get their story.

2 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

These Living Hope people, not my cup of tea. But they seem harmless enough, unless you know better, (copyright Esther Rantzen and the That’s Life team)

I know a couple of people at a low point that got taken in by this lot, it's not cool, pretty shit really thankfully they woke up to it and learnt a pretty humiliating and expensive lesson, hopefully the reduced salaries are a sign this cult is on the decline. Sadly some 'Christian's in the establishment' have family in the church and so can't see it for what it is, a load of old mangled dogs dangly bits.

Edited by worlds-greatest-manxman
2 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

These Living Hope people, not my cup of tea. But they seem harmless enough, unless you know better, (copyright Esther Rantzen and the That’s Life team)

Not harmless at all. Corrupt and dangerous in my opinion.

They damn people and associate people with different opinions to their bigotry as being demonic. Not the place to be gay or gender dysphoric or have a scientific understanding of the descent of man and other animals. 

Anyone done the back of the envelope calculation and worked out the numbers needed to get that sum from a congregation threatened with biblical condemnation if they don't hand over their tithe?  It's a lot of money taken away. 

• Like 1