Opportunity for outdoor recreation centre!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For many years the Claddagh was unrestricted. The only paid people linked to it were the couple who cleaned the bogs and restocked the bog roll. Camp fires were permitted and savvy campers brought the

Who all voted for and agreed, Not me, for all that this Government is going to spunk and green initiatives  and other such crap. One small industrial town (not a city) in central china will pump out t

Luxury dogging centre - new tourism initiative

Posted Images

Just now, Max Power said:

Should it not be for some green sort of recreation, not all this carbon heavy usage. Especially as we are a biosphere:whistling:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
2 minutes ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

Should it not be for some green sort of recreation, not all this carbon heavy usage. Especially as we are a biosphere:whistling:

I think most of the plantation space has been devoted to cycling and rambling activities, there has been a loss of places where people can take part in off road motoring activities on a casual basis.  

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Be nice if they consult with the guy from Hot Rocks, see if they can put in some kind of a climbing thing along those cliffs. That would be cool.

There are a lot of real documented climbing areas on the island, I wouldn't think there would be much need for in indoor wall attached to cliffs? 

5 minutes ago, Max Power said:

There are a lot of real documented climbing areas on the island, I wouldn't think there would be much need for in indoor wall attached to cliffs? 

You stick some fixed anchors into the cliffs, create a few routes of varying difficulty, I thing it would be very popular. There's nothing like that here. 

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, Max Power said:

I think most of the plantation space has been devoted to cycling and rambling activities, there has been a loss of places where people can take part in off road motoring activities on a casual basis.  

But if we are really going down the zero carbon route, which apparently we all voted for and agreed to, then we should not be providing places for people to just do carbon heavy activities.

It will be bad enough just driving for necessity with the current lot of electric cars.

8 minutes ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

But if we are really going down the zero carbon route, which apparently we all voted for and agreed to, then we should not be providing places for people to just do carbon heavy activities.

It will be bad enough just driving for necessity with the current lot of electric cars.

A lot of sporting and recreational vehicles will be zero carbon eventually anyway, some are now. It's open to evolving but there are still a lot of new petrol machines being sold, so somewhere to use both would be good?

• Like 1

Who all voted for and agreed, Not me, for all that this Government is going to spunk and green initiatives  and other such crap. One small industrial town (not a city) in central china will pump out two and a half thousand times the amount of carbon we will reduce and your children and grand children will still be paying off the money it will cost joe public.

Just so some knob can say ooh look at me saint Greta. Sorry time for medication.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
2 hours ago, Dirty Buggane said:

Who all voted for and agreed, Not me, for all that this Government is going to spunk and green initiatives  and other such crap. One small industrial town (not a city) in central china will pump out two and a half thousand times the amount of carbon we will reduce and your children and grand children will still be paying off the money it will cost joe public.

Just so some knob can say ooh look at me saint Greta. Sorry time for medication.

Also, Government want to get involved in glamming pods and accommodation - tourist. Unless I’m mistaken, a well known HNWI who had experience in tourism, wished to redevelop a golf course, and build log cabins. Sadly this much needed scheme never got off the ground. I’m afraid that Government will waste taxpayers cash on something that they aren’t experienced with, have no knowledge in and will end up being run by civil servants. Another Mount Murray? Who knows!

• Like 1
3 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

Be nice if they consult with the guy from Hot Rocks, see if they can put in some kind of a climbing thing along those cliffs. That would be cool.

Why ? Would it generate more than a tenner per year for Gov. ?  All that vast area and you want a climbing wall ?

Edited by Scotty