Traffic calming in Castletown!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's not just about the rally though is it, there seems to be a great push to find expensive things to do in order to keep people in work, some of whom seem to need sacking off post haste! 

This sudden urge to impose notable speed restrictions (over what are current), what's driving (no pun intended) it all? I'm sitting on the fence on this at the moment but we've had the existing r

What safety? Who's been hurt? What problem is it solving?

I had a look at the proposals at the comms office, the roundabout at the bridge is a bit silly but putting a 20 in makes sense. Outside Vic Road school people should slow down, and despite the cars parked theoretically acting as traffic calming on Farrants Way people still try to drive too fast along it. Seen a few incidents there. 

I don't know how necessary it all is but I'm not opposed.

18 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

I had a look at the proposals at the comms office, the roundabout at the bridge is a bit silly but putting a 20 in makes sense. Outside Vic Road school people should slow down, and despite the cars parked theoretically acting as traffic calming on Farrants Way people still try to drive too fast along it. Seen a few incidents there. 

I don't know how necessary it all is but I'm not opposed.

I’m opposed. 

This sudden urge to impose notable speed restrictions (over what are current), what's driving (no pun intended) it all?

I'm sitting on the fence on this at the moment but we've had the existing restrictions for many years, by and large we don't have an horrendous restricted area accident or casualty rate in such areas (to the best of my knowledge), existing limits generally seem to be observed - so what's behind it all this eagerness to reduce them further?

• Like 4

Are they cancelled?! Looks to me like it's likely to be a DOI proposal(?) if it's speed limiting measures on roads, which Castletown Commissioners have decided to oppose...the only cancelling I can see refers to the potential cancelling of the rally stage because of their presence?

25 minutes ago, quilp said:

Sigh, for the 2nd time today... 

Yes....but who's proposing them and installing them? If they're road calming measures they'll be DOI? Castletown Commissioners don't have jurisdiction over road infrastructure but they can object which is how it seems to me? :flowers:. And when was the last time DOI listened to any outside or local opinion?

Edited by Non-Believer
Extra bit
5 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Yes....but who's proposing them and installing them? If they're road calming measures they'll be DOI? Castletown Commissioners don't have jurisdiction over road infrastructure but they can object which is how it seems to me? :flowers:

It seems a certain statement.  They won't be going ahead.

Thay suggests to me they do have the final say so.  Which is logical.

A victory for common sense. The rally is a great spectacle through Castletown.   I've no doubt there will be a few miserable compliance type tossers going on about risk etc but well done the commissioners. 

• Like 2