Spar prices

LightBulb

13 minutes ago, LightBulb said:

Went in to spar union mills today for my tobbacco, ( Golden Virginia 30grm £18.10 ) as i usually do every two days, however, when i went to the co-op in peel today, the same thing was at a price is £14.05 why the massive price difference ?

You realise that’s about £3000 a year that you’re basically just setting fire to? Insane. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, LightBulb said:

Went in to spar union mills today for my tobbacco, ( Golden Virginia 30grm £18.10 ) as i usually do every two days, however, when i went to the co-op in peel today, the same thing was at a price is £14.05 why the massive price difference ?

I can't explain the massive price difference but it certainly shows that cigarette smokers are mugs wherever they buy their tobacco.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Barlow said:

I can't explain the massive price difference but it certainly shows that cigarette smokers are mugs wherever they buy their tobacco.

I’m assuming it’s just the brewery making a fortune again. Isn’t Spar a brewery franchise Island wide bar 1? But local shops inevitably have higher overheads than national chains, even if they’re in a wholesale purchasing franchise.

Dont smoke. Partner does. I brought back 80 packs, mixed 30/40/50gm, in mid October. They averaged £4 each. They’ll last until June or July. I could have chosen not to. But I’d end up paying Manx prices anyway. So I’ve saved £800.

Brexit is going to throw a spanner. The wine & beer allowance is pretty generous, but tobacco very low.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LightBulb said:

Convenience shops do tend to be more expensive for most items, supermarkets are generally the cheapest. Sorry to say you've pretty much answered your own question, I'm fairly sure even the convenience Co-ops charge more for tobacco than they do in their supermarkets, I'm not sure whether the one in Peel is considered a convenience store or not, late hour opening would suggest it is.

2 hours ago, Annoymouse said:

Convenience shops do tend to be more expensive for most items, supermarkets are generally the cheapest. Sorry to say you've pretty much answered your own question, I'm fairly sure even the convenience Co-ops charge more for tobacco than they do in their supermarkets, I'm not sure whether the one in Peel is considered a convenience store or not, late hour opening would suggest it is.

No. Coops break the mould. They are convenience and cheap.