Pulrose Bridge replacement to begin in March

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I see the future... DOI Engineers are to look at plans after Pulrose Bridge Installation 'didn't look right'. A further £3.8 million is to be spent looking at plans after the DOI installed what

I’ll take your 12 months and 3.4 mil and raise you an extra 18 months and 9 mil.

We knocked this one up in just over a year in Cumbria. Mind you it took a while to start what with Storm Desmond damaging 700 other bridges in the county. I'm sure one of our engineers could emai

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

'An extremely complex programme', says Baker. The excuses have started already! It's just a little bridge for goodness sake.

Instead of excuses just get heavy and demand a quick, simple, reasonably priced single span bridge.

Baker is the contractors' dream Minister. (ker-ching-eri-doo)

When is the taxpayer going to realise how ineffective this chap really is?

20 minutes ago, Happier diner said:
1 hour ago, Non-Believer said:

No problem. DOI will bring Moses in as a consultant.

Key worker?

Something to do with bushes I think....😀

There are a mass of big electric cables in the bridge, in a box type channel thing under the pavement and there are lots more in the river going under the bridge (I remember them being put in as they were driven under the bridge with a sort of horizontal pile driver thing and I took at look). I think I am right in saying some of those cables are connected to the interconnector cable from the UK. A bit more complicated than the wires at the back of the telly.

I don't know anything about bridge building but I would guess that those big cables will add a certain complication the the job. You cant just run an extension cable round the site to compensate.

Edited by Boris Johnson
  • Thanks 1

HP, Thank you. You do realise that was just to keep the services going whilst the road bridge was being built?

B, Who in thier right mind would work on live cables?

The point I have made, having seen and been involved in similar enterprises,in other jurisdictions is that it's not such a major enterprise to warrant a year's work, but, going by every previous civil enterprise on the island in my memory, it will go over an already inflated budget, there will be numerous problems and it will take an inordinate time.

That's all I am going to say.

Edited by doc.fixit
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, doc.fixit said:

HP, Thank you. You do realise that was just to keep the services going whilst the road bridge was being built?

B, Who in thier right mind would work on live cables?

The point I have made, having seen and been involved in similar enterprises,in other jurisdictions is that it's not such a major enterprise to warrant a year's work, but, going by every previous civil enterprise on the island in my memory, it will go over an already inflated budget, there will be numerous problems and it will take an inordinate time.

That's all I am going to say.

As I recall from photos of the time. Not in, more around threading huge gas and electricity pipework into the gaps and this was all Pulrose side of the bridge. No one has been brave enough to take on the bridge however it has been a huge risk for years. If it were to fail then the Island (much of it) goes off grid until it's repaired. As we'll no doubt find out April/May next year when they horlix it.

38 minutes ago, english zloty said:

Timing of the active travel route suggests it is anticipated that folk will abandon their cars due to gridlock

You mean it's a devious DOI plan to get people onto pushbikes so they can justify the Peel Rd cycle lanes.....?