A costly jetski visit to the Isle of Man.

Langweilig

7 minutes ago, wrighty said:

That's too friendly a term in my view.  He's either insanely reckless (if you believe the official version) or worse if you don't.

I don't know what to believe. If he'd brought a few kg's of weed over chances are someone would have been in touch with me by now to sell me some of it, if it was something else they wouldn't, and not being one for big nights out these days I've no idea if people are dusting their noses with any kind of extra enthusiasm. A lot of people seem fairly convinced it was a drug drop though. 

I'm happy to stick with my description.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

I don't know what to believe. If he'd brought a few kg's of weed over chances are someone would have been in touch with me by now to sell me some of it, if it was something else they wouldn't, and not being one for big nights out these days I've no idea if people are dusting their noses with any kind of extra enthusiasm. A lot of people seem fairly convinced it was a drug drop though. 

I'm happy to stick with my description.

Weed is a fairly low value and stinky proposition for the space you have available on a jet ski.

You'd go where the money was, especially given that you can't grow any of the more valuable stuff at the top of a quarry.

4 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

Weed is a fairly low value and stinky proposition for the space you have available on a jet ski.

You'd go where the money was, especially given that you can't grow any of the more valuable stuff at the top of a quarry.

It's currently in huge demand and the price has gone up. You could shift a few kgs in a matter of hours right now no problem. 

But yeah, probably something a bit more expensive.

3 hours ago, Gladys said:

I can't believe the media are giving him oxygen really. 

The Daily Wail will have being loving it. 

Their "readers" all got fired up and angry that the guy was imprisoned whilst illegal migrants/asylum seekers were being placed in hotels -- or -- that politicians/celebrities/special advisors were not imprisoned for breaking covid-19 rules.  

All completely ignorant of the fact that the Isle of Man is a Crown Dependency but can still set its own laws and impose them accordingly.