A costly jetski visit to the Isle of Man.

Langweilig

On 12/24/2020 at 5:05 PM, manxman1980 said:

The Daily Wail will have being loving it. 

Their "readers" all got fired up and angry...completely ignorant of the fact that the Isle of Man is a Crown Dependency but can still set its own laws and impose them accordingly.

But not as vigorously as I’d like...Daily Wail readers are still able to enjoy liberty.

• Haha 3

The guy has a cheek.

When he received his permit in September he just stuck two fingers up to the isolation requirements and went out and bagged himself a Douglas paramour.

This is the last sort of person this Island needs, now and ever.

• Like 1

Today's UK figures; 50,000 new infections and no fewer than 981 Covid related deaths recorded, possibly due to lag in collating Xmas numbers. Horrific.

Italy now reports over 500 deaths for last 24hrs.

4 hours ago, Barlow said:

The guy has a cheek.

When he received his permit in September he just stuck two fingers up to the isolation requirements and went out and bagged himself a Douglas paramour

And she seems to be too stupid to know when to keep her mouth shut and instead makes it worse. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

Quite frankly the UK is a shitshow par excellence. And a London-based medic with whom I’ve spoken recently believes that Jan and Feb will be lethal. It’s awful.

Before anyone opens their self-centred gob about this here Covid thing and starts saying how the Isle of Man should be doing things, please read the above short post first. And get some perspective.

Howie and Ashie may not be the sharpist knives in the box - or whatever other metaphor you may have - but I'm rather thankful for that.

Sometimes we need plodders in politics and I would like to suggest that under the current circumstances that is right now. 

(Yeah, and good on ya guys)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Barlow said:

Before anyone opens their self-centred gob about this here Covid thing and starts saying how the Isle of Man should be doing things, please read the above short post first. And get some perspective.

Howie and Ashie may not be the sharpist knives in the box - or whatever other metaphor you may have - but I'm rather thankful for that.

Sometimes we need plodders in politics and I would like to suggest that under the current circumstances that is right now. 

Really?? Even the rotund one wishes he had closed the border a week before he eventually did. That’s what you get for following UK and not thinking for yourself

• Like 1

Yeah ok. It's a difficult one.

Still think it is best in such circumstances to be a bit dull and slow and a wee bit glaikit.

Sharp thinkers, charisma and so-called brains? Nah, we don't need that just now.

We're doin' alright.

4 hours ago, Uhtred said:

Quite frankly the UK is a shitshow par excellence. And a London-based medic with whom I’ve spoken recently believes that Jan and Feb will be lethal. It’s awful.

I have had similar conversations with clinicians in Manchester. One consultant yesterday claimed it was "like a never ending war". He and colleagues exhausted, struggle to find 'off times' but still on stand by mode. I've known him years and he sounds completely worn out.

The final toll on people will be heavy when all this be comes part and parcel of daily life.

11 hours ago, SBr said:

As the UK is mostly in tier 4, and you can't travel between tiers or outside tier 4, what is the IOM gov going to do about all the 'returning resident's ' that decided to go away for Christmas? Don't let them back in!

Let them in and isolate.

Roxanne.

Similar to what I hear and would you believe what I read sometimes in medical records when looking at complaints this year

We all know that over the recent years beds and staff have been systematically reduced. Its about times clinical staff made their call on this but management has made it clear what happens if they do.

Edited by Apple
typo; correction

On 12/30/2020 at 11:42 PM, Barlow said:

The Manx should be grateful that they are Covid free or at least have had a low number of cases.

• Like 1