A costly jetski visit to the Isle of Man.

Langweilig

Roxanne.

Similar to what I hear and would you believe what I read sometimes in medical records when looking at complaints this year

We all know that over the recent years beds and staff have been systematically reduced. Its about times clinical staff made their call on this but management has made it clear what happens if they do.

Edited by Apple
typo; correction
  • Like 1

On 12/30/2020 at 11:42 PM, Barlow said:

Before anyone opens their self-centred gob about this here Covid thing and starts saying how the Isle of Man should be doing things, please read the above short post first. And get some perspective.

Howie and Ashie may not be the sharpist knives in the box - or whatever other metaphor you may have - but I'm rather thankful for that.

Sometimes we need plodders in politics and I would like to suggest that under the current circumstances that is right now. 

(Yeah, and good on ya guys)

The Manx should be grateful that they are Covid free or at least have had a low number of cases.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Apple said:

Jet ski man story in Sunday papers today.

Haven't read yet but no doubt paints the island in a poor light.

Only in Sunday Mirror. It’s a simpering piece. Doesn’t comment about IOM adversely.

No investigation, nothing adverse about the two main players.

On 12/24/2020 at 5:05 PM, manxman1980 said:

All completely ignorant of the fact that the Isle of Man is a Crown Dependency but can still set its own laws and impose them accordingly.

I would've thought that was obvious. Pick up practically any Manx tourist guide book and it tells you "It has its own parliament, laws and postage stamps". It wouldn't surprise me if people still think the Isle of Man still has hanging and birching for certain offences.

4 hours ago, John Wright said:

Only in Sunday Mirror. It’s a simpering piece. Doesn’t comment about IOM adversely.

No investigation, nothing adverse about the two main players.

I think the Mirror knows the score. Their job is to sell newspapers. This saccharine soaked story ticks all the boxes for them just now.

They'll be waiting for the sequel/s.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, monasqueen said:

The article, with video of him talking about the trip. What a plonker, bet he'll be making a fortune from the press.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/jetski-romeo-who-broke-covid-23252484

Arrived with huge, full rucksack. Went home, apparently, with very little. Of course he may have left all this clobber and his dancing shoes at Madam's.

Press might not be the only fortune he gets.... 😈

Edited by Non-Believer
extra bit

3 hours ago, manxman1980 said:

He has already been working out the soundtrack to the movie adaptation! 

IOM appears to be left alone by global policy makers at the moment. In the UK, we could'nt care less about Brexit, gritted roads, late buses and other insignificant stuff that once had meaning, till all our freedoms disappeared within 9 months

30 minutes ago, The Old Git said:

It was advertised on here about 10 days ago. Dave Smith has been touting around a £1 million claim against the island for not being allowed to travel to see his family. Think agenda.

Not sure how accurate it is. As originally advertised it “reported” that Jetski man had Xmas lunch whilst locked up in Jurby. Ignoring the fact he was released and bundled off island on 23rd.

Interesting claim that 49% of us have been allowed off island. I’d be interested to see the actual figures, and a break down of category.

I must have missed it. I was looking for Jet Man, a book about Frank Whittle, and that popped up. 

ETA I used to have a bookmark which would list threads with new content and take me to the first unread message. It doesn’t seem to work anymore and all I get is to go to the first or last post in a thread which is probably why I missed the book being posted. Any ideas on how to get set up to be taken to the first unread post again?

Edited by The Old Git