A costly jetski visit to the Isle of Man.

Langweilig

32 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

Its likely he had a Jerry can with him, that would’ve been enough, nobody would do that journey without doing a little bit of research. The Journey also took 3 hours not 4.5 hours, he left at 8pm and arrived at 1am, well that’s one one article stated, the one above is different no chance it took 4.5 hours.

I do call bullshit on the walk though, there is no way someone has the stamina to ride for 3 hours solid, then walk over an hour over (the climb out of Ramsey being an absolute killer), then meet up with his lass who was none the wiser (surely he’d be a sweaty mess), then go out for the evening, then no doubt making up for some lost time, christ some stamina that fella!

To be fair the girl is at least quite attractive, I’m quite surprised no-one has made a meme about her parents being out and she’s home alone yet.

There’s no way you could do that in the dark. Not sure where you got 01.00 arrival. All the reports, bar the one article  you state you read say arrived 13.00 after a 4.5 hour journey. You time reading ability and maths need some work as well.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

There’s no way you could do that in the dark. Not sure where you got 01.00 arrival. All the reports, bar the one article  you state you read say arrived 13.00 after a 4.5 hour journey. You time reading ability and maths need some work as well.

Ah that make more sense regarding hours, for some reason I thought this was 8pm to 1am, indeed my time reading ability definitely needs some work.

Edited to add the only reason I thought it was 8pm-1am was due to the time taken!

Edited by Annoymouse

Exactly. So why not beach it at the Point of Ayre instead of going about five miles more down the coast at walking pace. Doesn’t make sense. If Rain Man was going to walk all the way to Douglas, then why not throw in a few extra miles in Andreas and be sure of not being spotted by the Ramsey skeets? 

15 minutes ago, germann said:

Exactly. So why not beach it at the Point of Ayre instead of going about five miles more down the coast at walking pace. Doesn’t make sense. If Rain Man was going to walk all the way to Douglas, then why not throw in a few extra miles in Andreas and be sure of not being spotted by the Ramsey skeets? 

Think tidal race at point is strong enough to make that impossible at all but slack water

• Like 1

5 hours ago, manxman1980 said:

Would you be able to cross the Irish Sea at cruise speed in the winter?  Some pretty strong currents around there.

In a word - no. I have a 5.5mtr boat that would struggle in the weather on Friday

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Annoymouse said:

Its likely he had a Jerry can with him, that would’ve been enough, nobody would do that journey without doing a little bit of research. The Journey also took 3 hours not 4.5 hours, he left at 8pm and arrived at 1am, well that’s one one article stated, the one above is different no chance it took 4.5 hours.

I do call bullshit on the walk though, there is no way someone has the stamina to ride for 3 hours solid, then walk over an hour over (the climb out of Ramsey being an absolute killer), then meet up with his lass who was none the wiser (surely he’d be a sweaty mess), then go out for the evening, then no doubt making up for some lost time, christ some stamina that fella!

To be fair the girl is at least quite attractive, I’m quite surprised no-one has made a meme about her parents being out and she’s home alone yet.

Not a chance he could re-fuel a jet ski in that weather. Salt water does wonderous things with fuel

8 hours ago, Neil Down said:

Not a chance he could re-fuel a jet ski in that weather. Salt water does wonderous things with fuel

Not a chance? As in there is no possibility he could’ve made it to Point of Ayre, refuelled and followed the coast down to Ramsey. I’m sure we’ll hear all about it in 4 weeks time, wouldn’t surprise me if we’ll see a news interview because it makes a fantastic story.

13 hours ago, Annoymouse said:

The whole thing doesn’t make any sense, 4.5-5 hours is around 5 or 6 mph, that’s pretty much walking pace on a jet ski.

Seems possible.  If the waves and current are against you.  A couple of years ago in a 5mtr RIB I did Pt St Mary to Peel in about an hour.  However, we had to head back into the wind and waves that picked up whilst having a pint at the Creek.  Took about 3 hours and was a nightmare.

I think it was SW on Friday, so he would have been heading into the wind and waves.  In a small vessel, you can't just blast through.  You're constantly on and off the throttle up and down through the waves, so you don't breach or bury yourself.