Seven residents in New Year Honours

18 minutes ago, 2112 said:

It’s also covering the police and the fire service.

It’s worth noting that the recent Greater Manchester Police Chief Constable resigned as a direct result of a HMIC inspection, which severely criticised, the force for sweeping unsolved crimes under the carpet and a reluctance to even record crime. Has the IOM Constabulary got any skeletons? Lumpy Carpets? Definitelyl

It will be interesting and for those who know the place a real indicator on the efficacy of these inspections. I predict things will be generally OK. Any problems the force has are more nuanced. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Suppose I'll just wait for the official and entirely honest report then, in 2028

I don’t know. I’ve never listed my academic qualifications after my name on letter head. Most advocates don’t. It says nothing about how good, or bad you are in court. In my case it refers to how well

As charges are pending, I suspect this all sub judice, not to mention defamatory. I suggest you delete.

50 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

I don't think a formal inspection ever uncovers the interpersonal problems in any organisation.

First Derek, thanks for posting. Interesting reading.

Doc. I think the problems will be "uncovered" by the standards in the 20 page assessment. It makes clear the relationships that are expected across the board, but yes, it may not uncover every individual problem, actual or potential, but that is probably the same in any organisation I suspect. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, NoTailT said:

Susan Waddecar Being given an MBE is a joke,

post pruned by moderator..

As charges are pending, I suspect this all sub judice, not to mention defamatory. I suggest you delete.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
44 minutes ago, Augustus said:

44 minutes ago, Augustus said:

Should a moderator not delete that foul post ? ( NTTs obviously)

Edited by dilligaf
  • Like 1

@dilligafand @Augustus 

thank you for mentioning.

Its better if you report, rather than post comments.

@Augustus if you quote, like you did, if it’s defamatory and sub judice ( it couldn’t be the latter ) then you have republished and are equally liable with the original defaming poster.

7 minutes ago, John Wright said:

@dilligafand @Augustus 

thank you for mentioning.

Its better if you report, rather than post comments.

@Augustus if you quote, like you did, if it’s defamatory and sub judice ( it couldn’t be the latter ) then you have republished and are equally liable with the original defaming poster.

No idea how the system works. Does a report go to all mods ?. I just thought posting something had more chance of being picked up. If ignorance is bliss, I should be ecstatic.

• Haha 1
Just now, dilligaf said:

No idea how the system works. Does a report go to all mods ?. I just thought posting something had more chance of being picked up. If ignorance is bliss, I should be ecstatic.

Push report and all mods/admin get a little warning symbol to prompt us. Just post and we may none of us see it. 

If there’s a report then the mods can discuss on the report page and come to a coordinated decision, all the stuff about the offending, reported,  post is in one place if we are ever held to account. The post, the report(s), our discussions and the action taken.

• Thanks 1

Out of interest then, what are we allowed to discuss about this honour being awarded at a time when there is still presumably an investigation going on? Cos I'd say it sounds pretty important.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Out of interest then, what are we allowed to discuss about this honour being awarded at a time when there is still presumably an investigation going on? Cos I'd say it sounds pretty important.

23 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Shhhhhhhh

1 minute ago, TheTeapot said:

Suppose I'll just wait for the official and entirely honest report then, in 2028

Or ask a friend who knows the score !!! You aren’t usually backward at being forward. 

Edited by dilligaf
7 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Or ask a friend who knows the score !!! You aren’t usually backward at being forward. 

I don't know anyone who worked there, and my nurse friends were far too busy at the hospital and don't have anything more than unofficial gossip that they themselves are unsure of. It just seems pretty odd to be handing out awards when there is still an investigation. Then again they gave Ashford one prematurely too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1