6 hours ago, piebaps said:

It appears that as usual, Eric is being an arse. He quotes the duties of an MHK as representing constituents in Keys & Tynwald and there's no suggestion Allinson hasn't done that.

He's now however heading towards a legal tribunal and appears to be asking Allinson for something to support his case. Unless Allinson was involved in the decision which has led to the grievance, then surely there's nothing he can bring to the tribunal - which will deal with the facts of the case and the underlying law. He's quite rightly having nothing to do with it.

The collective responsibility rules however do allow him to handle constituency matters if he is minded to do so.

https://hr.gov.im/media/1189/the-government-code-february-2017.pdf

It’s very one sided. Eric didn’t disclose the text of his letter of request to Dr Allison, just the reply. So we can have no idea whether request or response or both or neither are appropriate/inappropriate 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, the wheels go round and round, the wipers go swish swish swish, the driver says move along please etc. etc. All day long in fact.

The issue isn’t about whether Ticketer is a good system or not, it’s about Longworth, Black, Thomson, Cregeen, Robertshaw et al, following procurement procedures correctly. I believe that on public ev

Is that where you lost yours..? 

Posted Images

7 hours ago, piebaps said:

It appears that as usual, Eric is being an arse.

Maybe he is, but he has a point. This document:

https://www.transportforall.org.uk/news/new-regulations-on-scooters-on-buses

lists 13 companies that allow Class 2 scooters, and this one:

https://www.transportforall.org.uk/news/mobility-scooters-finally-permitted-on-london-buses

shows that London Transport also does. But Bus Vannin does not. BV can hardly argue that the British companies have more modern, more user-friendly buses, can they?

It’s like the whole bus rack saga, when I was told they were going to trial bus racks, I thought these were going inside the bus like luggage racks, perhaps removing one set of seats, never in a million years did I expect they’d try to put an external rack on the front or rear of a bus.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Annoymouse said:

It’s like the whole bus rack saga, when I was told they were going to trial bus racks, I thought these were going inside the bus like luggage racks, perhaps removing one set of seats, never in a million years did I expect they’d try to put an external rack on the front or rear of a bus.

You have given me an idea.

Put front mounted scooter carriers on the buses and insist that the riders have to stay seated on the scooter during the journey. Problem sorted, the riders would act as a cushion in the vent of a collision with children/ cyclists and the scooters dot take up any room inside the bus.....

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
34 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

You have given me an idea.

Put front mounted scooter carriers on the buses and insist that the riders have to stay seated on the scooter during the journey. Problem sorted, the riders would act as a cushion in the vent of a collision with children/ cyclists and the scooters dot take up any room inside the bus.....

Its a scorcher!

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Annoymouse said:

Yes, I don't think we needed to buy any to see that it was a bad idea!

17 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Yes, I don't think we needed to buy any to see that it was a bad idea!

I can’t even think of a single route were they would have worked, on most sharp corners the buses swing over the centre line by a least a foot or more, even pulling into bus stops they quite often have the nose swing right over the pavement.

I personally think it was designed to fail, just so they could say ‘well we did try, but it was unsafe’ the reality is they don’t want the drivers responsible for securing the bikes, it’s both a time and liability issue.

Easiest solution would be a locker type box with dividers, the passenger/rider being responsible for securing their bike (to save damage claims) and the lid/door automatically locks as soon as the bus in in motion, downside will be the space taken up, I reckon you’d lose at least 2 rows of seats just to fit 2 or maybe 3 bikes in.

7 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

downside will be the space taken up, I reckon you’d lose at least 2 rows of seats just to fit 2 or maybe 3 bikes in.

Easily accommodated, there's never any bugger on them 80% of the time....