IOM Bank use lockdown to cut services more!!

Just got a text from Our local bank, Regent Street branch shutting tomorrow even though fully automatic, Castletown shutting as planned and mobile bank will not be deployed.

oh and only visit if it’s essential, 

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Or it’s an anagram and they’re actually Karen B , that will be why Banker was complaining of all the Karen’s wanting a lock down, gives Karens a bad name.

He's dyslexic. 

The shittest bank amongst a raft of shittest banks !

Just got the same texts. 

I really don't know how they can call themselves IOM bank anymore.

Uk are talking about ties up with post offices in banks  or vice versa on a more formal basis. Can't we do the same in Castletown and Port St Mary and Peel?

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, Apple said:

Just got the same texts. 

I really don't know how they can call themselves IOM bank anymore.

Uk are talking about ties up with post offices in banks  or vice versa on a more formal basis. Can't we do the same in Castletown and Port St Mary and Peel?

Post office offered but IOM bank said no , not required!!!

I got a text as well but it was very long so did not read it. Having said that who needs physical branches anyway - I don’t. The netty bank thingy works just fine. Bit like the post office argument - why keep the expense for a few old buggers. 

Sometimes you don't realise how useful something was until it's gone?

What next? No debit cards, only use your phone, watch, the chip implanted in your finger? ( Which would definitely cause cancer)!!!

My Nokia 3 series would only pay in £sd!!!

With all staff working from home is it still 'hangup hell' when you phone? It was during last lock down. I would have thought that the phones would be answered quicker, but no. Maybe all the staff were catching up on the box sets.

25 minutes ago, Barlow said:

With all staff working from home is it still 'hangup hell' when you phone? It was during last lock down. I would have thought that the phones would be answered quicker, but no. Maybe all the staff were catching up on the box sets.

Not tried but someone who did hung up after holding for 20 minutes bit like ringing COVID support line!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Kopek said:

What next? No debit cards, only use your phone, watch, the chip implanted in your finger? ( Which would definitely cause cancer)!!!

SShhhhhhh...this is what the vaccination programme is really all about. The chip gets put in your arm.😷😁

• Haha 1
18 hours ago, Banker said:

Regent Street branch shutting tomorrow even though fully automatic

Sorry, not been to Regent Street branch for ages.  When you say fully automatic what do you mean?  No staff and just cash/deposit points?  In which case you are asking a private business to pay the cost of the buildings upkeep, maintenance etc for what?

It has been said before but IOM Bank have been owned by Natwest and ultimately RBS for years.  It is hardly a surprise that this is happening.

• Like 3

I’ve moved everything from IOM bank to HSBC, I’ve still kept my IOM current account which is probably now costing them money as it’s pretty much dormant, their services have been dwindling for years.

Edited by Annoymouse
  • Like 3

Having a van driving round the island when we are all being asked to stay at home is hardly essential. I'm sure it will be back when lockdown 2.0 is over. You do also realise that some front line workers have now got to shield so any of their staff in that situation will be off work. And for 21 days, tell me what is urgent that you actually NEED to go to a bank for (yes some people with no card will need to access cash but that is a tiny number these days I would imagine). And businesses paying in cash, but that will be minimal too as most will be closed.

I honestly can't remember when I last used a branch. Revolut is great for day to day and if I need to deal with anything like mortgage or loan I'm quite happy to do so online from home. As will most of the generation the bank are probably now focused on.

6 hours ago, manxman1980 said:

Sorry, not been to Regent Street branch for ages.  When you say fully automatic what do you mean?  No staff and just cash/deposit points?  In which case you are asking a private business to pay the cost of the buildings upkeep, maintenance etc for what?

It has been said before but IOM Bank have been owned by Natwest and ultimately RBS for years.  It is hardly a surprise that this is happening.

Don’t think you understand, regent street is one of the branches staying open and is automated so it has cash, deposit machine as well as one for pouring coins in etc.

So no staff at risk and no reason it shouldn’t stay open