IOM Bank use lockdown to cut services more!!

Soon enough we don't need physical banks branches at all. They'll go the way of the video store and will get turned into coffee shops and apartments.

Relatively little is now transacted using expensive to operate old fashioned paper cash and cheques. Even before the current crisis.

And sooner or later we don't need banks at all except for lending. We won't need accounts at all and will transact directly with each other. Smart money will know how much of it we each have.

Edited by pongo
  • Like 1
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Or it’s an anagram and they’re actually Karen B , that will be why Banker was complaining of all the Karen’s wanting a lock down, gives Karens a bad name.

He's dyslexic. 

The shittest bank amongst a raft of shittest banks !

11 hours ago, Banker said:

So no staff at risk and no reason it shouldn’t stay open 

Apart from the cost of owning/renting the building and the cost of maintaining the automated equipment plus the electricity etc.

In the midst of a pandemic they would also presumably be required to clean the machines frequently to reduce the risk of transmission.   That would be a further cost for a service which is going to see even less use during a lockdown. 

24 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

Apart from the cost of owning/renting the building and the cost of maintaining the automated equipment plus the electricity etc.

In the midst of a pandemic they would also presumably be required to clean the machines frequently to reduce the risk of transmission.   That would be a further cost for a service which is going to see even less use during a lockdown. 

And like I mentioned earlier, probably have a number of staff off or isolating due to shielding requirements. So closing a branch that's less than 5 mins away from another doesn't seem too unreasonable. Might be automated but still needs people there to man it, empty machines behind the scenes etc., ensure social distancing. 

20 hours ago, Barlow said:

With all staff working from home is it still 'hangup hell' when you phone? It was during last lock down. I would have thought that the phones would be answered quicker, but no. Maybe all the staff were catching up on the box sets.

I think individual calls are taking longer (more queries per call, not having a colleague sat next to you to ask for advice in tricky circumstances) and that has a knock on effect on the number of staff available to answer calls. Also if the branch is closed that's going to generate more calls.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Butterflies said:

My understanding is that from Monday, Regent St is re-opening on monday 11th Jan as self-service only.

It’s been self service only for the past year but latest text message saying shutting wet 6 Jan 

1 hour ago, Andy Onchan said:

He's dyslexic. :D

Or it’s an anagram and they’re actually Karen B , that will be why Banker was complaining of all the Karen’s wanting a lock down, gives Karens a bad name.

Edited by Annoymouse
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4
On 1/7/2021 at 8:38 PM, pongo said:

Soon enough we don't need physical banks branches at all. They'll go the way of the video store and will get turned into coffee shops and apartments.

Relatively little is now transacted using expensive to operate old fashioned paper cash and cheques. Even before the current crisis.

And sooner or later we don't need banks at all except for lending. We won't need accounts at all and will transact directly with each other. Smart money will know how much of it we each have.

Then it will go full circle as governments will not allow the plebs to have control of their money. 

Funny though. During lockdown 1, I wrote more cheques than I have in ages. Also, used cash more. 

On 1/8/2021 at 9:07 AM, Butterflies said:

My understanding is that from Monday, Regent St is re-opening on monday 11th Jan as self-service only.

Oh great more staff mincing around clutching iPads and doing sweet eff all whilst studiously ignoring anyone in a queue !

• Thanks 2
17 minutes ago, asitis said:

Oh great more staff mincing around clutching iPads and doing sweet eff all whilst studiously ignoring anyone in a queue !

Don't worry they shut it down until after lockdown!!

• Haha 1