IOM Bank use lockdown to cut services more!!

If we are all going to have to bank online, including the elderly, then the Isle of Man bank app really should have a facility to deposit cheques (like the Lloyd’s app provides). An app can’t be a half-way house with some services online and some where you are forced to physically go into a (far-distant) branch - tricky, if you’re in your 80s with mobility problems.

• Like 5
  • Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They don't. Have you ever tried going overdrawn? They'll rape you for every penny you're worth and not even wait until the account is back in credit until they do so. Every transaction you make w

Or it’s an anagram and they’re actually Karen B , that will be why Banker was complaining of all the Karen’s wanting a lock down, gives Karens a bad name.

I fucking hate the idea. I know you're keen but it's just shit really.

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

I hear RBS/Natwest are giving up Howard Pearson House.

If that is the case that looks to be very bad news for the sector because that only ends one way.

Anyone heard the same? Captain Mainwearing works for them i think.  Any ideas Captain?

Isle of Man  Bank is no longer the jewel in the crown of the Isle of Man now run by a management team in Jersey. Obviously the business plan is now to sell off assets and  force online banking on the customer.

On 1/17/2021 at 10:44 AM, pongo said:

If everyone banks online then we don't need cheques any more.

If everyone banks online, we won't need cash any more.

If we don't need cash, we don't need banks, but they have not Sussed that out yet! 

• Haha 2
17 minutes ago, Terminal said:

Where’s Howard Pearson House, then?

Summerhill Business Park, opposite Douglas Shoprite and behind Shoprite's Centre House HQ. 

ETA. just seen Teapot's post.

Edited by Non-Believer
extra bit
9 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

Summerhill Business Park, opposite Douglas Shoprite and behind Shoprite's Centre House HQ. 

ETA. just seen Teapot's post.

I’d assume it was leased, not owned, and the lease was 21 years or at least short. It was taken on when IOM Bank was much bigger and operated Coutts, and head quartered Nat West Offshore.

1 minute ago, John Wright said:

I’d assume it was leased, not owned, and the lease was 21 years or at least short. It was taken on when IOM Bank was much bigger and operated Coutts, and head quartered Nat West Offshore.

Most banks only lease here.

On 1/7/2021 at 7:25 PM, Capt_Mainwaring said:

Having a van driving round the island when we are all being asked to stay at home is hardly essential. I'm sure it will be back when lockdown 2.0 is over. You do also realise that some front line workers have now got to shield so any of their staff in that situation will be off work. And for 21 days, tell me what is urgent that you actually NEED to go to a bank for (yes some people with no card will need to access cash but that is a tiny number these days I would imagine). And businesses paying in cash, but that will be minimal too as most will be closed.

I honestly can't remember when I last used a branch. Revolut is great for day to day and if I need to deal with anything like mortgage or loan I'm quite happy to do so online from home. As will most of the generation the bank are probably now focused on.

Oh, another "I'm alright jack, sod the rest of you"...

There are many people out there, who for a variety of genuine reasons do need a physical counter.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
24 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Most banks only lease here.

Well aware Albert. I was pointing out for the benefit of those suggesting it was an asset disposal.