What an amazing person!

In times like these, it is really good to read such a truly inspirational story. My hat is off to him and staying off! Although I have never met Graham Clucas, on the surface it sounds to me that he could make a decent MHK. With what appears to be a remarkable ability to transform himself, who knows what he could do to something like the Department of Health and Social Services? 

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=59931&headline='If I can change, anyone can'&sectionIs=NEWS&searchyear=2021

• Like 3
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Has he ever expressed an interest or intention to stand? Would he want, voluntarily, to put himself in the toxic environment that is Manx politics? If he did stand, then it’s up to the elect

Started by Ashie 😂

Thanks for clearing that up, Neil.

5 minutes ago, code99 said:

In times like these, it is really good to read such a truly inspirational story. My hat is off to him and staying off! Although I have never met Graham Clucas, on the surface it sounds to me that he could make a decent MHK. With what appears to be a remarkable ability to transform himself, who knows what he could do to something like the Department of Health and Social Services? 

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=59931&headline='If I can change, anyone can'&sectionIs=NEWS&searchyear=2021

Hmmm. !!

Repeat thread.

But..I have seen what goes on at Quing and am impressed. The benefits for those dropping in and the mutual support is clear.

The ongoing development of this group could provide such benefits for what is going to be an uncertain future for people experiencing difficult mental health circumstances and events. We will need this group to continue to support those who, for one reason or another, seem to fall through the net.

Wish them success, and funding.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
37 minutes ago, code99 said:

Thanks Graham, think we have had enough of this repeat!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, code99 said:

Sorry, my mistake, I should have checked first. Will do better next time.

well, if anyone can change ..

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

To have dragged himself to where he is now is a great personal achievement. Putting himself in front of the public is a very brave thing to do, public disdain and ridicule for his past mistakes could have an adverse effect on him but he chooses to do it. Good lock to him and to Quing, they are doing something that our inadequate mental health and drug rehabilitation  service seems to have been incapable of! As will shortly be proven.

• Like 4
4 hours ago, Banker said:

Thanks Graham, think we have had enough of this repeat!!

No skeletons in the cupboard . Story does not say much.

Edited by dilligaf
4 hours ago, The Duck of Atholl said:

Really pleased for him in turning his life around but I'm always lukewarm towards former criminals.

Especially considering the crime.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
47 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Especially considering the crime.

It’s a terrible crime and I’m not trying to distract from that, but you see reformed gang members setup charities like this all the time and they haven’t even been found guilty for half of what they’ve actually done, they see charity as their way of paying back for their sins.

• Like 5