Ministers conflict of interest

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There's only one solution to this mystery, an unpalatable one for sure. Someone is going to have to go buy the paper.   

I wasn't criticising, I just wanted to put up the Commissioner's statement.  The Cabinet Office response was quite extraordinary; basically saying that because the Ministers were people, any decisions

If nobody has bought it by 1800 tonight i shall do my bit and go read the first couple of pages down the shop then report back with a short precis of events.

Posted Images

yeah, ministers did not declare an interest and got made to look stupid to get them out for the next election, coz they are rubbish. got found out.

Meanwhile - others sit back with their bag of lucky stars and start counting.

• Like 2

At the risk of asking a stupid question, when it says ‘not declaring a interest in a planning application’ does that mean a personal interest (ie potentially a personal gain) or a matter of public interest for which as ministers they’re deemed responsible for? 

1 hour ago, Annoymouse said:

At the risk of asking a stupid question, when it says ‘not declaring a interest in a planning application’ does that mean a personal interest (ie potentially a personal gain) or a matter of public interest for which as ministers they’re deemed responsible for? 

Normally a conflict is when you or someone you know well could personally gain from a transaction.

Minister Shimmin gave a couple of glowing business references to the couple concerned there too it would seem, including the Island and Exchequer "benefitting". Sounds to have come directly from the Allan Bell Bible of Worship of HNWs. To include Comin overruling the Planning Inspector's recommendations.

I wonder how many other matters relied on his good judgement and if he wishes to reconsider...?

ETA. Just been reading of their appeal of conviction on iomtoday, clearly a delightful couple. He claims dyslexia and says that all the admin was done by her so it was her fault, she says it was all his idea. Marital bliss.

Edited by Non-Believer
extra bit
  • Like 2
5 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

That is scandalous. 

That, and the withholding of the FOI.

what else is buried?

But, I shall be very surprised if there are any sanctions, just be as as usual with many previous examples of spurious decisions by gov. that have gone un-sanctioned. Don't ask for examples though 'cos I would be  rather worried about any repercussions.